Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Yap Hup Kee Yong Tau Foo, Pudu

Have you been in a predicament that you want to order every yong tau foo that you set your eyes on?
That you know you should stop piling more YTF on your already spilling plate?

I think I'm under YHK's spell as every time I'm there, I'll do exactly that..hehehe

Mabel introduced YHK to me about 8 years ago, and I've been a fan since...

I decided to bring Bernice recently, knowing that she has never tried YHK YTF before..
I'll usually go to YHK for lunch as there are more YTF choices compared to dinner time. Though YHK is always very pack during lunchtime, ordering is very prompt (just choose the YTF you want at the entrance) and food serves rather fast too.

My default dish would be the very addictive chee cheong fun..

Served with sweet beanpaste sauce and crushed dried shrimps, this dish is so addictive that I had to restrain myself from ordering a second plate (knowing I have over ordered my share of yft..hehe). Though they also serve loh shue fun and other noodles with mince meat, I am loyal to the CCF...
Based on your selection of YTF, they will either deep fry it or cook it with broth..
We had a selection of fried stuff, Bernice gave me free reign to choose the YTFs. Obviously I choose my faves..;) There was the ubiquitous brinjal and fook chook; I'll always have the dogbone (well, that's what it looks like to me ;)) which tasted like fried vegetarian goose; the fried wantan look-a-like (filled with chopped yam, carrots and salted egg yolk) and fried taufoo which is filled with fish paste and salted fish.
For the soupy YTF, we had siu bak choy, stuffed broccoli with fish paste, bitter gourd and porkballs. I love YHK's soup base, using char choy (a type of preserved veg), this is so, so tasty! It goes really well with the YTF and I always make sure that we'll have some broth YTF because of the soup....
Last but not least, I must mention on YHK's fried pig's intestine.I never eat such stuff years ago. I thought it was disgusting. YHK converted me. Though I'm still particular with pig's intestines dishes, this is one dish that I'll devour with relish..
YHK also serve pretty good sui kow (both fried and soup) which you can opt for the normal soup (aka with char choy) or with herbal claypot soup, which is also tasty.. We didnt order that coz minimum order was 5 pieces and we were just too stuffed to eat any more!
Oh, by the way, I find the addition of the ordering bell really handy (compared to 8 years back) as service was really prompt.
So, did I make Bernice a fan of YHK? You guess right, I sure did!
Yap Hup Kee is located at 45, Jalan Brunei Barat (off Pudu), Kuala Lumpur.Tel: (603) 2148 9220.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger teckiee said...

my first time seeing such black fried pig's intestines

19 September, 2007  
Blogger Precious Pea said...

I went to their branch in DU last Saturday...very nice yong tau foo especially the fried wantan stuffed with salted egg yolk. I went back the next day for steamboat dinner..sadly, they don't have it. :( I must try the fried intestine next time.

19 September, 2007  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

my office moved to sentral..too far to go for lunch...aiyoh...what will i do??..have to go during wkends..

19 September, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

teckiee: haha..they did marinade it with some black sauce..hence the dark looking intestines..

pea: i've also tried the one in DU..but i find the one in KL better and fresher(and more selection too)

joe: moved already ar? good food at sentral too ;)

19 September, 2007  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

I'm with sc. The KL shop somehow taste better than the one at DU. Those intestines are really must try.

19 September, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

tummythoz: yes yes, the intestines! *high 5* hahaha

20 September, 2007  
Blogger New Kid on the Blog said...

Penang YTF not nice one, prefer Ipoh one. Hv not tried KL YTF.

20 September, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Err.. the pig intestines looked a bit gross :P

21 September, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

new kid on the blog: welcome! i have not tried PG YTF..but KL ones are pretty good. do try when u have the opportunity ;)

jason: yes, i agree 100% on that. my fren said looks like shit..hahahaha

21 September, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home