Thursday, June 15, 2006

Comrades, almost a con story

Yesterday, when I came out from the LRT station, a Chinese national man approached me. He asked if I could conversed in Mandarin, which I nodded in reply.

Next he started his explanation of being here in Malaysia the first time with his wife and blah, blah, blah.. Anyways, the gist of the story was they needed money to travel to KL( the reason was too long to explain). We are comrades, he said. Look, if I wanna cheat you, I would not ask for just RM10, he pleaded. His wife was at brink of tears, and she pleaded too.
~hiya comrades!
At that time, I was already lost in thought, fighting an internal battle of Fear and Conscience. Fear of being conned, coz we hav heard too much stories about Chinese conman. But my conscience was niggling at me, What if its true? What if they really needed help? I looked around me, there was no chinese around us. I decided to trust my gut and pass them RM15.
They took down my number, said that they would return me the money next day. I told them there was no need to, As long as you are honest to me and not doing anything against your conscience. They still insisted for my phone number.
Did I really got conned? Maybe. Well, at least my conscience is clear.
Wonder if my comrades would call me soon?

7 Comments:

Blogger Last-of-the-Dragon said...

u din take pic of them? kekeke....can put in ur blog. let the WWW (whole wide world) knows if he is really a con man.

15 June, 2006  
Blogger sc said...

at that time, you wont think of such thing..kekeke.. my housemate said exactly the same thing..

15 June, 2006  
Blogger Rolly Polly said...

Not only did you got conned, now they have your number!!!!!

Now every month another of his comrades will call you and ask you for assistance, financial or otherwise...

Hao tong zhi!好同志!

15 June, 2006  
Blogger sc said...

thanks mate for making me feel better -_-".. i feel darn good now

15 June, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aiyo.... giving money is good enough, you didn't have to give your number!!! You have a soft spots for all these chinese hey?? :)

15 June, 2006  
Blogger Kuan Cheen said...

hi comrade, can i have .. eh ... 100 bucks please.

wo men si thong siang ma
ching pang pang mang pa


p.s. if it makes you feel better, i might have done the same.
so do me a 'comrade' NOW!

20 June, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i suppose they never did call you back to return the money right :)

03 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home