Thursday, January 14, 2010

Smitten with Shanghai

Hiya!
Am back refreshed, well rested (or maybe not :p) and heavier by a few pounds! :D
Need some time to sort out my stuff, so shall share some photos instead..
So where did I go? Took a break to China...
First stop was Shanghai..
I was there to visit a friend, so I must admit, I didn't do too much touristy stuff- I was shopping (lucky me, it was their year end sales!) and eating most times!
Went to Chen Huang Miao and Yu Yuan for some picture snapping and buying nice little gifts..


Of course you cant miss going to the Bund..


And New Shanghai overlooking the Huangpu river..
Good food kept us happy and sated..
Excellent meals we had :)
To burn of those extra calories we had... it's shopping at Huaihai Road, Nanjing Road..even Superbrand Mall became our fast favourite with it's good restaurants and excellent sales..
Xintiandi offer an interesting place to shop and dine with it's beautiful Shikumen architecture..
(Psst ladies- if you want tailor made Qipao, you must pay a visit to Lu Jia Bang Road-it's fabric and tailor market)
Shanghai seemed obsessed like Msia with it's high 'trademark' skyscrapers..
Like the 101 floors high Shanghai World Financial Centre..Or the futuristic Pearl Tower?
I had a fantastic time in Shanghai, such an elegant city- and of course thanks to the warm and lovely stay with Alfred and Irene - making my time there even sweeter :)
Remember me Shanghai, for I will return :D

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Ciki said...

me2! i luv shanghai!

15 January, 2010  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

After such long silence, thot u've settled down there!

15 January, 2010  
Blogger sc said...

cumi&ciki: *high 5* :)

tummythoz: i wanted too... hahaha

15 January, 2010  
Blogger Rebecca Saw said...

good to see u again at Meatworks!
So yeah,whn r we hitting some food joints toge in aman suria?

18 January, 2010  
Blogger sc said...

thenomadGourmand: yup, good to see you too..hehe. did hear of a new place at aman suria.. need to arrange with you soon after i return from my out station trip this weekend for the makan.

20 January, 2010  
Anonymous Sophia said...

How i wish i could go there and eat all the food!

07 April, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home