Monday, November 20, 2006

6 to 10 Grill and Nasi Lemak, Sek 17

It was another wet day... has been raining every evening
We were restless, could not make up our mind on where and what to eat.. :(.
Finally, we decided to makan at 6 to 10 since we wanted to try it for sometime already. Always passed by the place when we are going to Food Foundry but somehow never got around to it....
Though it was a wet evening, 6 to 10 was pretty pack when we reach. We quickly settled for a seat and browsed through the menu.. 6 to 10 serves mainly western food, but nasi lemak seems to be a rather popular dish too as many were happily tucking in to their nasi lemak.. SF, P and I decided to have nasi lemak with dishes of curry chicken, sambal sotong and beef rendang respectively. SL decided to have the gargantuan red wine grilled pork ribs..
I was hungry and I thought ordering nasi lemak would be the fastest, but I was wrong! Guess loads of people ordered nasi lemak too and we waited for a while before we got ours.. The nasi lemak looked ok...the usual nasi, ikan bilis and peanuts, a dollop of sambal and half a hard boiled egg.. I took a mouthful and....it was not as good as I thot :(. The beef rendang was slightly tough and sambal did not have enough 'kick'.P's sambal sotong was so so, she said she tasted better. SF was also ok with the curry chicken. What SF said was rite, this is a 'chinese' nasi lemak, not as much oommpphh compared to the malay's. Hope you get what I meant.. :p
Finally, SL's huge pork ribs came and I must say that it's better than the nasi lemak.The ribs were smothered with this red-wine-pineapple sauce, served with chips, corn and some salad.. I stole a bite (thanks SL!) of the pork ribs and it was pretty good. You could taste the subtle taste of wine in the sauce, the pork ribs had this springy texture and its sweet yet tender at the same time. Like those served in Meaty House in Uptown. I guess their forte should be western grill rather than nasi lemak. I saw quite a lot of newspaper articles around the restaurant, all framed up since the 90's. If I didnt recalled wrongly (from what I read in one of the articles), 6 to 10 has been in the business since 17 years ago....Yup, that many years :p


What Julianne thinks?
Reasonably priced but mediocre

6 to 10 Grill and Nasi Lemak is located at Happy Mansion, Jln 17/13 Petaling Jaya. Tel: 7955 4993

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home