Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Meng Kee, Glenmarie

Seems like it's a week of pork fest postings..
Readers who detest pork, please bear with me! ;)
I was at Glenmarie recently, and my brother who's working at that area has been raving about Meng Kee char siew (bbq pork). I recalled Lyrical Lemongrass posting on it too, hence we popped by quickly.
I've only tried Meng Kee's char siew at their HQ (aka changkat tung shin), hence I was expecting something of similar quality...
We were promptly served with our orders of char siew Sticky, not overtly sweet, fragrantly bbq-ed with the lip smacking marination; I must say that the char siew here is a good as those served in it's HQ. What I love about Meng Kee would be the always warm char siew, whilst many shops serves their char siew cold. I ordered pun fei shou (mixed fatty meat), but most of the char siew we got was rather lean. :(
We also ordered the poached chicken which was quite tasty (though not as good as the char siew). The sauce had this distinctive taste in the sweet salty soy that I can always recognize it being Meng Kee's. Somewhat like it's laced with a hint of lard...haha The bean sprouts, well, I Need to order this, else I'll be very guilty just having meat and more meat. :D
Overall, good stuff, though I must admit, I prefer the one served in changkat tung shin..
Meng Kee Glenmarie is located at 20, Jalan Pekedai U1/36, Hicom Glenmarie Industrial Park Shah Alam.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger wmw said...

Found new love at Sunway Mas! Hahaha...

13 September, 2007  
Blogger Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Looks like a sudden char siew obsession. I just posted on char siew too. hahaha. Are bloggers thinking alike now? :-P

13 September, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

wmw: yes, seremban favorites at sunway mas..just behind my house! i go there nearly every week..hahaha

lyrical lemongrass: i think so..great mind thinks alike.. ;)

13 September, 2007  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

hahah i read about meena's char siew..then went to eat meng kee char siew then bumps into ur char siew post..argh!

the problem is the char siew here, looks abit redder and not burnt enuf..and yeah rather lean..

13 September, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi oi, Ramadhan wei. All of you stop blogging about OINK OINK la! Kakaka....

14 September, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

joe: yes, lotsa char siew this week eh? hahaha

tankiasu: oh dear, now that you've reminded me...ok,ok..will stop now..

15 September, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you and Meena, conspiring on some Char Siew adventure or something ? lol ... looks yummy btw.

15 September, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

foodielianne: hahha..purely coincidental! thanks ;)

16 September, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home