Friday, August 24, 2007

Chong Thoong Kee, TTDI, KL

I've been eating here for a few years already.. a usual brunch place for lily and me before we go for sunday shopping. Famed for it's kaishi hor fun (shredded chicken with flat noodles) and poached chicken, Chong Thoong Kee does get pretty packed during lunch time..

Our usual orders would be the noodles soup (we added prawn wantan..kar liu..hehe) Smooth flat noodles, lotsa tender chicken shred, fresh succulent prawns, chopped spring onions and quite lovely broth makes this a satisfying brunch for me :). Prawn wantan mediocre though. Maybe quite a lot of MSG too coz I do get quite thirsty after the meal.. *aiks*
Sometimes, when we are rather carnivoruos, we will add in an order of poached chicken..Smooth chicken skin and springy meat to the bite. I do find the oyster sauce a tad salty for my liking though.. But overall, still a very satisfying meal.


I think I prefer TK Chong's (in Damansara Perdana) poached chicken and noodles better, but if you are around Taman Tun around and ran out of idea on what to eat, do give Chong Thoong Kee a try :). CTK is located next to the Taman Tun Market. Turn at the market (market on your left), take the first left turn. You'll see the shop on your right

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger irenekay said...

Chong Thoong Kee, TK Chong!!!???? signboard looks almost the same....

same proprietor?

24 August, 2007  
Blogger boo_licious said...

Maybe they're all related? I have eaten here before but can't really remember the taste of it. Will go check it out one day when I'm at the market.

24 August, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

irene and boo: actually, one of my fren told me both CTK and TK Chong is run by the same owner..I didnt ask to confirm this piece of info though;)

24 August, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since long time no body update this blog ler...
Wonder to leave down my comment after visit for this 2 chicken hor fun... If u guys really 1 to have a try, pls go to TTDI, restoran CTK, nicer ...its delicious. yummy...

01 August, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home