Monday, June 18, 2007

Kedai Makanan dan Minuman Wong Kee, Pudu

You must try the siew yoke at Wong Kee! I told CW some 9 months back as he is a pork lover.
It's sooo, sooo good! I exclaimed, though I didnt have it for a few years already..
So, while the cat's away, the mouse will play..
In this case, my boss was not in recently, I managed to convince CW and Bernice to have Wong Kee's famous siew yoke (roasted pork). It was rather early when we reached Wong Kee, we still had the luxury to choose our seats..
Ordering was prompt, waiting was rather long though...
After some time, craning our necks, checking on the busy owner busily chopping away, we finally have the plate of siew yoke.My goodness, I had to do a double take as it looks like it was glowing!! *background music: hallelujah! hallelujah! hallelujah!...* :-D
Though the breathtaking siew yoke was sitting there looking all pretty, beckoning us to eat it..We did not have our rice yet! The wait was excrutiating :-(
Bernice and CW attacked the siew yoke the moment we get our cutleries. Silence ensued..
I took a bite of piece of siew yoke....
Tasted terrific. The skin was crunchy; meat was tender and juicy; the fats, pratically melts and glides down my throat. The most amazing thing was, the siew yoke was still warm, even to the last piece. Drizzled with that sauce...The combination is just...Potent...
So, how was it? I asked, after witnessing CW and Bernice gobbling down the siew yoke..
This is The best siew yoke I've ever tasted, CW exclaimed. When are we coming again? he asked, while eating the last piece of siew yoke
I looked at Bernice. SC, I dont eat siew yoke at all. Always thought it tasted porky. But this..this! I'm bringing my hubby this saturday!
Guess I've converted Bernice ;-)
Our total bill was RM39, not cheap at RM12 per siew yoke strip, but man, it's worth every ringgit of it... :-)

Kedai Makanan dan Minuman Wong Kee is located 30, Jalan Nyonya (off Jalan Pudu), 55100 KL. Tel: 03-2145 2512. Operating hours: 11.30am - 2.30pm (Closed on Sundays).

Labels: , , ,

23 Comments:

Blogger Lyrical Lemongrass said...

aiyoh, you're spoiling my diet plans lar. This is my most favourite siew yoke of all time!!! It literally melts in your mouth, doesn't it? :-D

18 June, 2007  
Blogger Coketai said...

You are killing me with this siew Yok!!! It is really attractive, hope to get chance to try...may be living in KL is a choice but again to think of the recent crime rate...I need a second thaught!!

LY.Tai

18 June, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

lyrical lemongrass: haha, i'm trying to diet too ;p. this siew yoke is the mother of all siew yoke for me. and yes, it melts, baby,it melts!

coketai: have you tried wong kee's siew yoke? it's really good..maybe that's reason enough for you to move to KL? hahaha ;p

18 June, 2007  
Blogger tankiasu said...

Oh lucky you. Too far from my office!!! Grrr...

18 June, 2007  
Blogger boo_licious said...

I actually counted the layers of fat once. After I popped in the mouth, we all said what the heck, who cares abt the fat since it melts in the mouth.

18 June, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

tankiasu: you're grrr-ing again! grrr a lot recently hor ;p. aiyo, you can pop by saturdays what..

boo: :D..like us, we were saying "so sinful, so sinful" while gobbling those siew yoke down..

18 June, 2007  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

& didn't pack for me!!! Grrrr... like tankiasu too.

18 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...suddenly floggers rave bout siew yoke..haha
Need to diet for 7 days before binging on those crunchy porky...waaa...

18 June, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

tummythoz: yikes! *shivers*

xiulongbao: oh, had this some time back.. just too lazy to post it ler. not that recent ;p. aduhai, u so slender and still wanna diet? *gasp*

18 June, 2007  
Blogger wmw said...

Grrrrrr.....from me too! LOL, still waiting for LL to take me there!

19 June, 2007  
Blogger ncsl999 said...

Hi everybody,

My husband loves siew yoke ... but I m not quite familar with Pudu area .. can anyone provide a little map to Wong Kee pls pls ...

I do know how to get to pudu to Jalan Pasar but no idea where Off Jalan Pudu .. pls pls I really want to bring to go and have some nice siew yoke for our wedding anniversary.

cheers,
nina

19 June, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

wmw: when are you ladies going? i wanna go too!

nina: hopefully my directions helps.. Drive along Jalan Pudu (from Pudu jail) towards Pudu area. Turn left when you see a Caltex (at the corner) into Jalan Brunei. Drive a lil more, you'll see a small open carpark on your left. Turn left at the road next to it( Jln Brunei Barat; not sure if one way street though, i usually walk), drive till the end. You'll see Wong Kee right across the road, corner shop. Email me if you need another direction to get there (via Berjaya TS backroad)

19 June, 2007  
Blogger teckiee said...

ahhh look at the meat and fat and meat and fat then skin! w00t! wahahahaha

19 June, 2007  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

yup its darn good..sadly i find it abit jelak after a few more pieces..haha glowing indeed eh?

19 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waaa... look and sounds delish! I can't find any siew yuk stall nearby my office! T_T

19 June, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

teckie: haha..you should try these babies..sinful but goooood....

joe: yeah, after a huge dose of siew yoke, do feel very jelak :p

jason: aiyoyo! this is really awesome siew yoke. must try leh!

19 June, 2007  
Blogger Kenny Mah said...

I'm one of those who prefers char siew to siew yoke but this, this might make me change my mind... ;)

19 June, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

love the siew yoke but hate the crowds and queues..hahaha..it has been a long time since i went there

20 June, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

kenny: maybe, just maybe ;)

kampungboycitygal: guess i was lucky that day? i was there early, so no queueing for me :)

20 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SC: Will make note of this ;) Btw, you going for Nigel's shop opening this Saturday?

20 June, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

jason: no, i didnt sign up for nigel's coz promised my friend to help her for her wedding preparations..you guys have a great time!

20 June, 2007  
Blogger Precious Pea said...

Aiyoo..heard so many good reviews about this place but yet no chance to try it yet. :(

20 June, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

precious pea: what?!? but kaki makan like you.. how can? *shakes head* ;p

20 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home