Friday, March 30, 2007

Prawn mee@Yon Len, TTDI

What you wanna eat? What you wanna eat? the ever bubbly lily kept asking..
Anything that i've not tried, I replied groggily, still recovering from my lack of sleep, thanks to my druken friends who left my place at 3 am
With that as a prompter, lily launched into a tirade of potential brunch places, while I tried my utter best to concentrate. Vaguely, I heard something about Taman Tun and prawn mee.. I nodded sleepily and the next thing I know, we were walking towards Yon Len.
Sweet lily did all the ordering while I stared blankly into space, my mind did not want to work at all. The weird tasting teh peng (iced tea) did it though, I was wide awake after a sip..hehe
We waited for quite a while as many ordered prawn mee too. Finally, 2 piping hot bowls of prawn mee were served.. Nicely laden with sliced pork, small prawns, kang kung and bean sprouts, I quickly stirred in the chilli paste and took a mouthful..Like I've said before, I'm not a big fan of prawn mee (except for a particular stall in Penang) but Yon Len's prawn mee is actually good. It's the soup that won me over, very sweet yet subtle in flavour, nicely done. In fact, I like this better than San Peng's, the only time I tried San Peng, the soup was a tad salty. Yon Len's was just nice.
Yon Len is also famous for the Char Kuey Teow, which I have tried before. Pretty good (but not fantastic), the wait is rather long though.
What Julianne thinks?
Fuss free and pleasing
Restoran Yon Len (boolicious pointed out that this place is actually called Yong Len..maybe the letter G fell off frm the signboard..hehe..thanks boo!) is located at Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad 1, Taman Tun Dr Ismail. Corner shop. Opposite KFC.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Kenny Mah said...

Ya, I've tried it there too. Pretty good. Wish they gave more chili paste though. I love it SPICY... ;)

30 March, 2007  
Blogger tankiasu said...

Memang nice, but parking can be a real headache. Have you tried the delicious prawn mee on Jalan Pudu (same row as the Post Office)? If not then you should really try it! ;)

30 March, 2007  
Blogger Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Better than San Peng's? Wahhh. My Makan Club has to hear of this!! :-P

30 March, 2007  
Blogger boo_licious said...

Yup, this is my mum's fav prawn mee place which we regularly visit. It's actually Yong Len btw.

Tankiasu - if you can't find parking, try the AHP building instead. That's what I do when we go during the weekdaytime as most of parking bays are occupied by the office people.

30 March, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

kenny: you can ask more extra chilli paste, my friend did ;)

tankiasu: i'll only pop over on sundays, so no issue with parking.hehe. jalan pudu prawn mee? tak pernah la..where is it?

lyrical lemongrass: well, i've only been to san peng once, and that one time, the soup was too salty for me. so with that in mind, yong len's is better ;P

boo: oh dear, guess the letter G fell off the sign board? thanks for letting me know :)

30 March, 2007  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

After salivating at boo_licious & lyrical lemongrass's posts, I tried out San Peng as well. Mayb v were there on d same day b'coz I find it salty too. =P

30 March, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

tummythoz:haha, maybe we were, may be we were. and i thot i was the odd one ;P

30 March, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm... it makes me feel like wanna have noodle for dinner o_O

30 March, 2007  
Blogger Rasa Malaysia said...

Oh my Hokkien Mee is the best...I am making it tomorrow...unfortunately in the US I have to make it myself...you come at eat when I post it yeah? :P

01 April, 2007  
Blogger Kenny Mah said...

Will do exactly that next time. Extra sambal, boss! ;)

01 April, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

jason: really? hehehe..

RM: of course i'll come and 'eat' when u post it..though not literally :(. will be waiting for your hokkien mee post!

kenny: ya kenny, i expect your next bowl of prawn mee to be really hot and spicy!

02 April, 2007  
Blogger Yi May, Alexis said...

my favorite prawn meee!!!!! seriusly good .

make me weez after eating eat. always put 2 servings of sambal. delic-coouss.

nice to eat with the nonya cendol they seelllllllllllllllllll

03 May, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home