Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Bao Bao Restaurant, Aman Suria

I always passed by Bao Bao in the evening and although it has customers, I could not be bothered to give it a second look..
Sometime back, Dragon, who works near there, told me that Bao Bao is rather famous for pan mee.. And recently, gary told me that this place is so pack during lunch hours that people had to queue outside the shop.. sure or not?
Since curiosity killed the cat, the pan mee mystery sure got my 'investigation' mode on..Decided to go over to Bao Bao for dinner (not so pack) with WF. As we were not given any menu whatsoever, I asked what they have there.. Pan Mien lah! barked the waiter, looking at me as if I'm a ninkumpoop. Hey, how I know la, maybe you serve other stuff??
Anyways, WF ordered dry pan mee with thin noodles while mine was with thick. You can also opt for pieces (mien fun gou) and soup based.
We were served a while later and I had to blink a couple of times...Ok la, maybe I'm rather suaku here, but I memang tak pernah nampak pan mee served like this before...The noodles was the rite type, but they replaced the fried anchovies and mince meat with char siew, meat balls and fried fish cakes..Yup, those onion bits look-a-like in the picture are actually deep fried sliced fish cakes. We tossed the noodles and took a bite.. surprisingly, the noodles tasted pretty good.. The fish cake actually make quite a nice alternative to the ubiquitous ikan bilis and the sauce was just nice. The pan mee noodle was too thick for my liking though, mental note to order thin noodles next time..Char siew was so so, but dipped in their pan mee chilli.. man oh man, its yummy! After taking a few more mouthful, I would think that the main 'attraction' in Bao Bao would be the pan mee chilli and the fish cake.
As we were paying the bill, I asked the waiter if they served the usual ikan bilis mince meat pan mee.. Again, he looked at me as if I'm a dunguloid and said, Of coz we serve the traditional pan mee. You didnt ask for it ma. What you had is our jiu pai (famous) pan mee lor.. Oh I see...
What Julianne thinks?
Different and tasty
Bao Bao Restaurant is located at 15, Jalan PJU 1/43, Aman Suria Damansara. Yup, same row as MCPG that I just wrote about..

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Last-of-the-Dragon said...

i shud haf told u to straight away order the thin pan min cos it has the rite texture & compliment the taste

24 December, 2006  
Blogger sc said...

ya lor.. the thick one is just too thick..too doughy.. yup, will definitely order the thin noodles next time i'm there

26 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home