Monday, December 05, 2011

Deli Cafe and Bakery, Kota Damansara

We were at the mechanic shop as Bollywood Queen need to get something for her car..
While waiting and whiling away our time, I recalled there is a place for bread and drinks around this area..Just not sure where and what it's called..
But no harm asking right? So I tried my best to describe to taukay's wife...
Toast bread, kaya? Erm, name of place starts with D?
Oh, that's just behind our shop!
Man, am I lucky or what? hahaha..should have bought lottery ;p
And so we went to the back- it's passed lunch time but still packed with customers..
We were not keen on any of the nasi goreng/ lemak/ mee goreng etc..Just wanted a drink and bread.
Since they bake their own hainanese bread, we ordered a steamed and toasted kaya butter bread.
The wait was not long...
Steamed bread with kaya and butter..
Super piping hot, it was hard to hold and to take a bite. The bread was soft, yet had a lovely chewy, springy texture to it, giving a more solid feel to the bread rather than the usual airy types.  The kaya was creamy and smooth, the amount was just right to go with the bread. Yummeh!

The toasted bread was served soon after..
Browned toast with a nice thick cut of butter. I likey :). The toast had a light crisp exterior and charred flavour. Bread texture was lighter compared to its steamed counterpart, yet still lovely to sink my teeth into. Though I am usually partial to toasted bread, Deli Cafe's steamed version was simply delish and a notch up the crisp brother (my preference la!).
Definitely coming back to try the round kaya butter buns on my next visit :)

Deli Cafe and Bakery is located at 57-G, Jalan Sepah Puteri 5/1B, PJU 5, Kota Damansara, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger choi yen said...

I prefer steamed bread ~ like it pipping hot & super soft texture~

07 December, 2011  
Anonymous Izzy House said...

This bread with butter seems so good that I feel my mouth watering, mm with some nice green spices it will be more than delicious!

07 December, 2011  
Anonymous Doris Vacation said...

Steamed bread with kaya and butter.. Souds perfect for breakfast. You gave me a good idea. Thanks a lot!

08 December, 2011  
Blogger Babe_KL said...

Mmmm the bread does look fine and fluffy. Loved it when the serve real butter :D

18 December, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

色裸聊直播間 , 色裸聊直播間 , 色裸聊直播間 , 色裸聊直播間 , 色裸聊直播間 , 色裸聊直播間 , 色裸聊直播間 , 色裸聊直播間 , 色裸聊直播間 , 色裸聊直播間

15 February, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home