Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I'm Spicy, Petaling Jaya

We were on our way to Seksyen 17 to deliver some goods, but it was lunch time, we were darn hungry but not too willing to detour in search of food..
So what's on the way and should be ok (traffic and parking wise).
I recalled I'm Spicy, a place my boss told me 4 months back, but I've yet to try. Like the name suggested, the restaurant serves spicy Thai street food.
Sealed the deal, we were there in a jiffy.
Obviously new to the neighbourhood, the restaurant was rather quiet (no we were not the only customers).
Menu was not too extensive, yet sufficient to satiate Thai food cravings.
We settled for quick set lunches..
Quenched our thirst with their pandan lime concoction.
Cooling and nice.
We decided to try the fried somtum, a variation to the original som tum.
Reminds me of a cross between kakiage and onion rings, the fried som tum was pretty decent when eaten fresh. But after a few more bites, it's just oily. Should have opted for the good old fashioned som tum.
WF had Seafood Padthai..
This I must confess, looks very much like what I've just had in Bangkok. Taste wise, tasted very close to home. Would have tasted even better if it was laden with more crushed peanuts. I figured one flavour was lacking, but for KL standards, this was considered tasty.
AT decided to have the Thai Belacan fried rice..
Not very Thai? Regardless, I thot this was yummy- great wok hei and enjoyable. The mix of ingredients with the rice was very satisfying (Note: a friend tried this dish a week later and said it was just mediocre. No QC?)

I had the Stir Fried Basil Pork with Rice..
Was warned that it's spicy, yet alas, it was just averagely spicy. Still, I cant deny that this was delectable, the basil was aromatic, the juicy mince pork went deliciously well with the fluffy white rice. If only it was spicier...
Would I return? Yes, coz I've yet to try it's ala carte dishes- the curries and pork stuff are next :p

I'm Spicy is located at 1, Jalan 17/45, 46400 Petaling Jaya.





Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger J said...

What a cute name! :)

27 July, 2011  
Blogger sc said...

J: dont you think "I'm Hot" sounds better? haha..or way too corny? ;p

27 July, 2011  
Blogger Rebecca Saw said...

Ermm prices?

30 July, 2011  
Blogger sc said...

thenomadGourmand: didnt have the bill with me, but think the set lunches was RM12.90, with drinks.

01 August, 2011  
Anonymous jason said...

Em... near where ah?

12 August, 2011  
Blogger sc said...

jason: oops, sorry for the late reply- it's same row as Kanna's- at the end of the road, corner shop

13 August, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home