Sunday, May 29, 2011

Restaurant Andes, Aman Suria Damansara

To follow up on my promise of more porky post, I've decided to write on Andes.
Andes is located in a spot which I called "cursed" spot.
Why? The same location have been changing restaurant (owners) for many years and when Andes took over and opened it's doors, I felt it may just share the same fate.
The skeptic in me just refuse to try the food..since it always looked quite empty (in the evening). One day, Alicia told me that when she googled "Best pork burger" in Klang Valley, the most talked about place was Andes.
Really? Well, it still didnt motivate me to try it :p
It took another post in the papers and Ho Chiak on it's burger that I finally decided to pop over.
Ordering was prompt, since our main aim was the Pork Burger (RM13.90).
The menu offers mainly pork dishes, with a handful of fish, beef and chooks mains.
We were extremely hungry, but a mistake in ordering by the waitress costs me a 35 mins waiting time for my burger (and we were the first customer to order- a couple came later). :(

What caught my immediate attention was the thickness of the pattie. Almost 2 inches in height, this must be the thickest pork burger pattie I've seen. The shape of the pattie was rather rotund, there was no way I could take all in with one bite..

Have to use the knife and fork to cut it into dainty pieces....
And wahlah, gooey, melting cheese flowed freely and quickly- I hardly had time to snap a picture. So, was the purported 'best pork burger' really that fantastic? Well, I must say that the pattie was extremely juicy- quite a feat since the pattie was so thick. The pork was minced, not too finely, so we still get bits to chew, which I quite enjoyed. The cheese on the other hand, added more richness and flavour to the burger.
I wont say Andes makes the best pork burger- I find the pattie too thick with so much pork that it took quite an effort to finish it (Alicia cant even finish her portion- she said it was very 'jelak').
Will I order again? I doubt it.
But I'll come back and try other dishes which caught my eye..
We ordered dessert to 'cleanse' our palette..
Cookies and Cream cheese cake (RM7.90)
The base was too hard and the cheesecake had too much gelatine in it. Not that good.

Restaurant Andes is located at K-G-11, Jalan PJU 1/43, Aman Suria Damansara, 47301 Petaling Jaya.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger choi yen said...

went there purposely once but it closed :( After seeing ur photo, I tell myself I must go again!

30 May, 2011  
Blogger Bangsar-bAbE said...

The burger is quite decent, but service is ridiculously slow. They forgot my order the last time around, and I waited for almost an hour!

31 May, 2011  
Blogger sc said...

choi yen: if you like really porky OD burger, you might just like this..it was just a tad too porky for me though.

bangsar babe: yes, i was appalled by their service too. we were the first customer for dinner then, our order was simple- 2 drinks, 2 pork burgers and 1 dessert..and they still got it wrong...

01 June, 2011  
Anonymous jason said...

Always saw it either empty or just a few tables occupied when I go for my pan mee fix. The ambiance seems nice though

08 June, 2011  
Blogger A humble and handsomeTaiping boy. said...

My calories is going through the roof... lol

10 June, 2011  
Blogger sc said...

jason: yes, rarely packed..but recently i noticed business have improved. hey, gimme a buzz when u are over for pan mee next time, i'm nearby and can join u ;) been ages since we've met.

taipig kaki: only if you order this burger ;)

13 June, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home