Sunday, December 05, 2010

Xin Chun Seafood Steamboat, Kota Damansara

The rain has been relentless for the past few weeks..
It's cold, wet and dull, I guess it's a tropical country's version of 'winter'?
Though there's many who would lament about the rain, I for one, secretly enjoy the rain. I love the smell of rain, the sound of it pelting against my window pane and magnificent lightning that strikes just before a storm begins. That is, if I'm nice and dry indoors..hahaha.
And when it rains, most of us would seek some sort of comfort food..
In my case, steamboat tops the list to warm me up on a rainy day :).
I first heard of Xin Chun from SL. We were on our way to try it but a most unfortunate incident happened and we had to cancel. Year end came and most of us were busy going for hols and clearing last minute work, we just didn't thought of Xin Chun again.
When WF was hanging out at my place recently, it was another wet evening and we were both craving for something to warm us up. Xin Chun came to my mind.
It was freakishly packed when we arrive, but luck was with us, we got a table soon after.
Like any typical steamboat joint, Xin Chun offers 'ching thong' (clear soup base) or 'yin yiong" (mixed of 2 soup, the other being tim yam). Since it's our first try, we opted for yin yiong.
There were 2 sets to choose from - Ketam set (RM13.50) and Seafood set(RM24.50).
It was a minimum order or 2 pax per set, so we could only try one type. We went for the Ketam set. Quite substantial serving for 2, we decided not to order extra ingredients. The set also comes with the typical yee mee and vermicelli, with eggs.
I assumed that their ching thong was basically herb based, to my surprise, it was not. I cant tell what's the ingredients for the clear soup, it was a very familiar, seafood taste. WF said it might be shark bones, which may be the case as the soup was murky, and usually boiling fish/ fish bones brings such effect. I was actually enjoying this soup very much, it's rather satisfying slurping it down. Yums. The ingredients for the steamboat was very fresh too, which added to the sweetness of the soup.
As for the tom yam, both of us didn't like it. It was very spicy yet sweet. Just didn't enjoy it.
Xinchun serves dishes other than steamboat too. Dishes such as lala vermicelli, crabs (in different sauces) and pork ribs, to fill us up while waiting for the food to cook.

Xin Chun Seafood Steamboat is located at No 15, Jln PJU 5/3, Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara , 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous the eatgod report said...

Hi SC,

We would like to cordially invite you to submit your article to the eatgod report. All you have to do is to fill in the form at the URL below this paragraph.

http://eatgod.ahyen.com/contribute/submit-an-article/

The list is still new so be the first few to be on that list! Get your friends and family to rate your post on this article. With this contribution you will be listed our foodie list ranked amongst the other foodies in the Malaysian blogging scene.

Furthermore you FREE links from us. No obligations!

If you are interested, do head on over to the form with the URL below.

http://eatgod.ahyen.com/contribute/submit-an-article/

If you encounter any difficulties, you can contact us at the email above or you can tweet us @theeatgodreport

Thanks!

P/S - You can submit other food-related content as well. There is no limit!

06 December, 2010  
Blogger choi yen said...

I want my steamboat fix too!!

07 December, 2010  
Blogger sc said...

choi yen: it's still with cooling and wet weather...go for steamboat soon ;)

07 December, 2010  
Anonymous jason said...

I thought there is ketam in the ketam set! :p

09 December, 2010  
Anonymous iamthewitch said...

I agree with you! I enjoy the rain too but well, only when I'm not IN the rain I guess :) And steamboat is perfect during cold rainy weather!

10 December, 2010  
Blogger Ciki said...

love steamboat when its cold and lots of family around. very YEET LAU!

20 December, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home