Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Axian Dim Sum, Taipan

Decided to pop by to Axian's a few weekends ago, as we were on our way to Taipan area. Since Axian is such a famous food presenter, his restaurant should serve ok food, right?
Parking was quite a breeze, the restaurant is located at the quiet end of Taipan. We were quickly ushered to our seats...
There were only a few special items to be ordered, the rest were served direct from trays/ steam trolleys.
We had quite a number of dim sums, think it's best for me to summarised per below....
The Good
Of that many dim sums I had here, sad to say, there were only a couple which I find were nice..
Bacon and mince pork roll
Smoky flavoured bacon were rolled and filled with juicy mince pork, pan fried with sweet sauce. The combination was wonderful and complementing, we all enjoyed this.
The lau sar bun..
A rather common dim sum dish now, Axian's version was rather decent. The filling was runny, yet thick- went well with the light, spongy bun. My mum did complain that it was too rich for her liking.
Steamed pork balls in chinese herbs..
I didn't take individual shots of this dim sum as my parents were hungry and I didn't want them to wait. But I think you could guess which one's the pork balls. The mince pork was very fresh and sweet, Axian boast of using high quality, organic pork which presumably gives a more intense flavour to the dish. The bitterish herbs went well to balance with the pork, I really enjoyed this dish.
The average Joes
Following the same picture above, the bean curd roll- it was good, but I find the thai sauce did overpower the light aroma of this dim sum.
The fried carrot cake was quite nice, the charred sides added bits of crunchiness to the soft carrot cake.
The deep fried yam puff..
One of my must order. Axian's version was decent- the yam wrap was quite thin, the filling was generous and not too salty.
The deep fried prawn roll
Just a tad too oily for me. Else, it's quite a tasty treat as the prawns were springy.
The century egg and shredded pork porridge
Well, I didn't try this, my dad had did. I asked how was it and his only reply was "Ok". So I categorise this as average :p
Steamed char siew buns
The filling was nice (skewing towards the sweet side), but sparse. The buns were soft, but just too thick.
The Bad
Chee Cheong Fun
Was served cold. The Chee Cheong Fun was thick.
Stuffed bitter gourd..
Just tasted artificial to me. Weird. Over fried? Too dry? Maybe.
Both the steamed pork ribs and steamed chicken feet (in my earlier picture) tasted bad to me too. The pork ribs were chewy and bland while the chicken feet, again tasted artificial to me. Ugh.
Will I be back? No unless I really had to.

Axian Dim Sum (Taipan Branch) is located at 32 Jalan USJ 9/5n, UEP Subang Jaya, Selangor.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger choi yen said...

I love to see the sight of the filling of lau sar bao oozing out...

28 September, 2010  
Anonymous J2Kfm said...

The lau sar bun wins hands down. Even if the taste is so-so or too rich, the aesthetics alone won top marks.

28 September, 2010  
Blogger minchow said...

I went to the Puchong branch and must say I was sorely disappointed!! Axian obviously doesn't QC his dimsum joints!!

28 September, 2010  
Blogger sc said...

choi yen: hehehe..looks so tempting yeah?

j2kfm: looks can be deceiving sometimes..but this was ok la :p

minchow: out of the many dimsums i had there, only 3 was good. so i guess overall, axian's just not that good. i know i wont return to this place anytime soon.

28 September, 2010  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

well he is after all damn skinny, and i say, dont trust skinny people when it comes to food!

29 September, 2010  
Anonymous jason said...

Aiyak... the lau sar pau looks dem good though.

30 September, 2010  
Blogger Extreme Power said...

yummy... all good food are sinful. So it is good to be sin... lol.

01 October, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

axian close down lia...now is Luk Yu name...it is still in puchong and USJ but USJ just closedown after less than 1 year in USJ ..
dimsum is cold, tasteless and terrible service, no surprise tutup ...left puchong now which i feel very poor quality and service...

20 July, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home