Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Restaurant Kong Sai, Taman Paramount

Back from a rejuvenating trip at Mulu, shall update on that soon.
For now, I'll write about Kong Sai, a popular eatery in Paramount Garden, for it's home style cooking. Years back, Kong Sai operates from a shack just across it's current shoplot. Guess the business has been steady and they relocate to a cleaner, brighter environment a few years back. Funny that I never wrote about Kong Sai, and during this visit, I finally remembered to bring along my camera :p
Started off the meal with pig's stomach soup..
Fantastic way to start the meal, the soup's piping hot, buzzing with pepper spiciness and the thick stomach slices had a nice, chewy texture.
My first taste of Kong Sai was their famed yellow (steamed) chicken- springy, sweet flesh that goes amazingly well with their secret dipping sauce. Power dipping sauce I tell ya, it enhances the overall flavour of the chicken. Leaves such lasting impression that I had to order this everytime I'm here.
The homely looking stuffed beancurd..
Generously filled with mince meat, take a bite and the light, still warm broth explodes inside my mouth. Simple, yet satisfying.
We need our greens right?
Decent but miserly sized yau mak.
This recent meal, I noticed though, was heavily laced with MSG.
Restaurant Kong Sai is located at 39, Jalan 20/22, Taman Paramount, PJ.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous jason said...

Aiyak.... too bad about the MSG. Maybe I should give it a miss.

18 April, 2010  
Blogger UnkaLeong said...

Hmmm...was it the soup that was laced, or the stuffed beancurd?

19 April, 2010  
Blogger choi yen said...

The stuffed beancurd is something that my mom always cook :)

19 April, 2010  
Blogger Babe_KL said...

it wasnt bad when i was here maybe i din order the soup or the beancurd

19 April, 2010  
Blogger sc said...

jason: hmmm, but still a rather tasty place though :p

unkaleong: chances are the soup...

mimid3vils: yes, very homely! i like their version..nice :)

babe: think it may be the soup..had lots of pepper and flavours..slurps..hahaha

19 April, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home