Sunday, February 15, 2009

Teluk Pulai Bak Kut Teh, Klang

Hey guys..
Have been ages since I did any post, my apologies...was very sick for about 2 weeks.
Even now I'm not fully recovered, the cough's still lingering :(. Such torture for a food lover like me, I lost my appetite and could not eat much, I was so hungry all the time! My friends thought it was ironic for me to feel this way, since I love food so much and I was nauseated just looking at it for the past 2 weeks..
Since now I'm feeling much better, I thought I'd better post something :)
A place I've been years back but never posted, and we did pop by a few months back...so I brought my camera along this time so I can blog about it.
One of the more famous BKT in Klang, Teluk Pulai BKT is located at the famed 'maybank square' where quite a number of BKT shops are located.
Vincent insisted that we need to be there early, to get the 'first pot of soup', if we were there later, the soup would be thinner.
The vegetables was served first...we got fibre before the sinful momma..
Then came the piping hot BKT...
The soup was thick and slightly gelatinous/ sticky from the fatty pork. Not as bitter as I'd like it to be, Teluk Pulai's version was mildly sweet from all the boiling of the pork(parts). Yes, there's lots of pork; spareribs, pork chunks, fatty meat, innards and something that Vincent like very much, the pork ligamen. Most of the meat were well infused with BKT flavours, except for the fatty meat chunks, I'd prefer a melt in mouth version compared to their more solid meaty chewy version.
A good version of BKT, though I must say I felt rather guilty having it for my breakfast early in the morning :p. We added more soup to our claypot, it was thinner than the first serving....so yeah, better be here for early brekkie if you prefer a thicker based BKT :)
Teluk Pulai Bak Kut Teh is located at 27H, Jalan Teluk Pulai, 41100 Klang, Selangor.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger wmw said...

Hey there! Dropping by to say Hi!

16 February, 2009  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

that would b 7am? i remember getting the 2nd or 3rd pot by 7plus..

16 February, 2009  
Blogger HairyBerry said...

aiyoh, hope you are recovering fast. then, can go makan bkt!

take care, ya! ;)

16 February, 2009  
Blogger Ciki said...

i just had lousy BKT today :( .. lucky u la.. ;D

16 February, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

wmw: helloo! lama tak jumpa ;)

joe: i guess depending on luck gwa.. i cant recalled what time we reached, but there were not many people and the soup was thick..only remembered we left the shop by 8 plus

nic: thanks dude! yes, i wanna be well soon too! still get tired really easily

cumi&ciki: hehe...i cant stand bad BKT too!

17 February, 2009  
Blogger Precious Pea said...

Hope you have recovered by now. Take care, weather is HOT nowadays!

17 February, 2009  
Blogger backStreetGluttons said...

wa, so brave jumping into the firetonicpot just after your illness ( of having 2 much fire ?)
hehe , you will need beer ( lots of it ). Our Klang numero uno din think too much of this place in TP tho. His is in Tmn Berkeley and Tman Rashna with the sea cucumber and the abalone ( he says one ), and of coz his own brewed tea from port klang

18 February, 2009  
Blogger Jason said...

So many people sick lately. Have to take good care of yourself!

19 February, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

pea: thanks babe..

backstreetGluttons: no la, i had this before i fell really sick. this TP shop is nice la, but i wont say it's the best i've tried so far..

25 February, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

jason: thanks, i will :)

25 February, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home