Thursday, February 19, 2009

Kung Fu Kitchen, PJ

Whenever I feel like a good detox meal to clean up my whole system, I'll always pop by a eatery near my place, selling lui char.
Surprisingly, I never thought of coming here previously as it always looks very quiet at night; kinda meant bad food indicator to me.
But Jane who has tried insisted that the lui char here is refreshing, and so we went for dinner. Simple bowl of green, I felt healthy just looking at it :p
The rice base was topped with different types of chopped vegetables, roasted peanuts, fried dried shrimps, preserved vegetables and beancurd cubes. Mix it well and soak it throughly with the tea soup..
I like Kung Fu Kitchen's version which added some mint to the soup...giving it a rather 'cooling' effect to the soup.
Kung Fu Kitchen serves other dishes too...for those who prefers something less..erm..greens..
Aaron had the curry noodles..
He finds it mediocre, the curry was rather thin..
Some meat springrolls..
This was pretty good actually. Thin crisp beancurd skin enveloping juicy pork mince. Good side dish to munch on.
We had some dry noodles too..
When it was served, we were quite surprised. Looks like those economy noodles that we pack from pasar malam. One bite confirms it; it does taste like economy fried noodles..but, a very delicious one nonetheless with the mince pork, fried shallots and beansprouts making this a bit more luxurious. Just a tad dry.
Jane had pan mee (which I didnt take a picture of), which she says was pretty good too. Oh, but all of us didnt like their yong tau foo.
I've been back many times since my first visit, just for the lui char. And yes, I do feel much healthier the next day :p
Kung Fu Kitchen is located at 12, Jalan PJU 1/3F, Sunway Mas Commercial Centre, Petaling Jaya.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Ciki said...

waaa.. talk about going grrrreeen! all that chlorophyl will definitely clean out your system.. chop chop!

20 February, 2009  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

I can still handle it dry. Soaked in that green gruel, *ran off*.

20 February, 2009  
Blogger J2Kfm said...

aiya TummyThoz, the soup's the main attraction. :)

wont mind having healthy meal once in a while. detox the clogged system ...

20 February, 2009  
Blogger Selba said...

tea soup? interesting....

20 February, 2009  
Blogger HairyBerry said...

oh, sunway mas! near fsf char siew la, i guess...ok, time do detox! ;)

24 February, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, I never had "thunder tea" before too... the thought of pouring the tea on the rice "scares" me :P

25 February, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

cumi&ciki: it always works! hehe

tummythoz: but eating it without soup..aint it too dry? the soup's nice :p

j2kfm:*high 5*

selba: you should try it if you ever come across one :)

nic: yes, where uncle bill's char siew is..

jason: try it once la, maybe you'll like it? who knows right?

25 February, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home