Thursday, January 22, 2009

Restoran Jaya, SS5, PJ

Early morning and I met Diha for breakfast before we went for our appointment..
She wanted me to try a place nearby; a place her family go to if they wanted a quick, satisfying kelantanese breakfast.
We ended at Restoran Jaya...
The food spread, though not extensive, looks fresh and inviting..
Diha had some nasi kerabu with chicken..
By the speed she was gobbling it down in gusto, I believe it's good?

I had lontong..
The soup was too sweet for my liking; the nasi impit was a tad under cook, but the sambal sotong's delicious though. More peanut sauce would have been better. Gerai Cek Nor's lontong is definitely way better..
Some pulut pagi
Very sweet like any other kelantanese kuih I guess..Fragrant with gula melaka and very soft. Rather lovely I must say.

We also had roti canai, which I didnt take a picture of..
But let me tell ya, the kuah dhall kari for the roti was fabulous! It's the best I've had in Klang Valley so far, really reminds me of the delicious kuah served in Kelantan/ Terengganu whenever I have roti there..yum yum.


Restoran Jaya is located at 15, Jalan SS 5B/6, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Ciki said...

how much was the nasi kerabu, the lontong, etc , etc.. ?

23 January, 2009  
Blogger Selba said...

the nasi kerabu looks so good! *slurp*

Our Indonesian lontong sayur looks similiar :)

As for the pulut pagi.... hmmmm... is it made from tapioca?

23 January, 2009  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

I concur. Roti & dhal by the locals on the East Coast is fabulous!

23 January, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

cumi&ciki: nasi kerabu was RM5, lontong RM3.50..cant recall the rest :p

selba: my friend who had it love it :). pulut pagi's made of glutinous rice and gula melaka

tummythoz: *hi 5* :)

23 January, 2009  
Blogger backStreetGluttons said...

we of course know why you din take the pixs of the kuah dhal curry coz you finished it too fast and your camera ran out of film
LOL
Happy New Year !

24 January, 2009  
Blogger HairyBerry said...

i like my kuah dhal with a bit of sambal for that extra spiciness...

sc, happy niu year! have fun this cny!

25 January, 2009  
Blogger Babe_KL said...

May the year of Ox bring you all the happiness, good fortune, health and prosperity you wish for.

28 January, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

backstreetGluttons: hehehe..you know me well! Happy Niu Year to you too!

nic: oh yeah, i always have my dhal with sambal..yummy combo! happy CNY to you too :)

babe: thanks for your wishes :) happy niu year to you too!

28 January, 2009  
Blogger choi yen said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!

30 January, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home