Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Wang Fu, Hong Kong

When SF said we should try the chinese dumplings shop if we had the time, I didn't give much thought about it.
Then I read about it in a food magazine, Wang Fu serves many types of dumplings, even those that can be found at different regions of China; I was enthralled. I always wanted to try the mutton dumpling, something I've read years back; served up north of China.
Obviously, we did managed to squeeze in a meal there :)
Small shop which can only sit about 30 patrons? That definitely did not deter us, although we were sitting next to the freezer and cooking area..haha
The dumplings were boiled in hot water and served dry like this..
We had the ubiquitous pork and cabbage dumplings
The pork mince was well marinated and chopped cabbage makes this sweeter. The dumpling skin was just nice, springy to the bite and don't stick to the teeth. Delicious.
The pork dumpling with chives..
Very balanced amount of chives and pork. As chives are somewhat strong in flavour, this may not be everyone's cup of tea. I like it though, especially dipped lightly in vinegar.
My die die must try mutton dumpling
Ultra scrumptious! The mutton was so flavourful and full of juices... it was like biting into a mutton xiu long bao. And yes, of course it was gamey...hence I love this so :)
But my surprise came last..the tomato and egg dumplings
This was featured in the food magazine, said to be really good.
I was like How can it be? No way can it taste better than those meaty dumplings..
I was so wrong! This is amazing, even better than the mutton dumplings! I'm not sure what they added into the egg and tomato mix, they obviously cooked the ingredients before it was wrapped as the layers of flavours were just indescribable. A must order, please!
Between the 2 of us, we only had 20 dumplings. Not a lot actually, think I could have eaten 15 on my own :p. Total bill was HKD67.
Wang Fu is located at Wellington Road, Central, Hong Kong. Just next to Tsim Tsai Kee.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger J2Kfm said...

next to TCK?! eh din realise there was this shop also. missed.

rather cheap, 20 for mere ~RM30?

from the looks of it, I wont go for the tomato+egg combo myself, had you not recommended it. :)

09 December, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

j2kfm: yes, just next or a shop away. very reasonably price i must say, well for the lack of ambiance i presume? :p. oh ya, the plain looking tomato egg was so, so good. terribly good :p

09 December, 2008  
Blogger HairyBerry said...

do they come with different dippings for each type of dumpling?

if i ever visit hk again, this will sure be included in my itinerary! thanks! ;)

10 December, 2008  
Blogger choi yen said...

I love dumpling so much~~~~

10 December, 2008  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

Could have eaten 15 on your own? Last I remember you were petite.

10 December, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ultra scrumptious! *quick quick jot down the address in book*

10 December, 2008  
Blogger backStreetGluttons said...

So many pows ! & Pows ! ah !

Must have made you squeezingly bloated and happy for many many long hours !

11 December, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

nic: there's a few types of basic sauces on the table..soy, vinegar, chilli oil etc, but i didnt really check :p

mimid3vils: yummy stuff eh?

tummythoz: haha, i'm short, but not petite la ;)

jason: yeah, ultra scrumptious!

backstreetgluttons: pows? it's dumplings wor..actually i only had 10, and was just ok, not full la..hahaha

11 December, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well girl, you're speeding up the writing I see :).

There are no different sauce for different dumplings, just the mandatory vinegar, soy sauce and chilli sauce. 2 of you sharing 20 is nothing, you could easily have had 20 between the 2 of you (really!). Or 20 dumplings and a bowl of noodles and some snacks :D.

12 December, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home