Sunday, November 02, 2008

Tai Cheung Bakery Egg Tarts, Central , Hong Kong

After our wantan noodles lunch, we walked over to nearby Lindhurst Terrace to some famous egg tarts..
Tai Cheung Bakery serves egg tarts so tasty that even Chris Patten's a loyal fan when he was in Hong Kong. We got the egg tarts; freshly baked as it was still very warm when we ate it. Tai Cheung's egg tart is not the flaky pastry type though. And it's by far the best pastry crust egg tart I have ever tasted; the egg custard's creamy, velvety and rich...felt like golden silk gliding down my throat. The pastry was so buttery and almost melt in mouth with every bite. Later I read in a HK food magazine that they used almond meal rather than regular flour, hence the lovely fragrance and texture of the pastry.
Lucky me, I was staying nearby, so I get to eat this fantabulous egg tarts a few more times before I left Hong Kong :)

Tai Cheung Bakery is located at 35, Lyndhurst Terrace, Central, Hong Kong. HKD5 per tart, guess the price was raised recently? (think previously was only HKD3.50)

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Tummythoz said...

Now you make my homemade sandwich taste so dry and bland. =(

03 November, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you make my stomach growling even louder cos I forgotten to buy any breakfast earlier.

03 November, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

tummythoz: hahaha..so sorry! :p

jason: oh no! worst than tummythoz! at least she had breakfast :p sorry ar...

03 November, 2008  
Blogger irenekay said...

Oh Yeah....Tai Cheong is TO DIE FOR! Its one of the best egg tart i've eaten so far!!! I was so tempted to tapau back a dozen home...:P

03 November, 2008  
Blogger J2Kfm said...

few times? so lucky one!
we went once only, and the climb and descend was taking its toll on us.

03 November, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

irenekay: hahaha.. another expression that i came across describing this egg tart is that This is The Mother of all egg tarts..hahaha. yeah, i wanted to pack a dozen home too!

j2kfm: i was staying there ma...yeah, i stayed above the lan kwai fong/ soho area. imagine me climbing up everyday for 9 days..

03 November, 2008  
Blogger Precious Pea said...

I so wanna take a bit of it at this very moment. Thanks, jotted it down in my list. Can't wait to visit HK again.

03 November, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still remember a long time ago when you blogged about egg tarts and you inspired me to get some of my own, but that was in Pudu, much closer to home. This one....arrggghhhh....I hate you!! :-P

04 November, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

pea: oh pea, you need to jot this little gem down. delish and i assure you, you'll love it :)

lyrical lemongrass: yes, that was a long time ago..and i remembered your following gorgeous eggtarts post :). dont hate me, try it the next you're in HK :p

04 November, 2008  
Blogger sean tan said...

yea, this eggtarts my favourite!! eating everyday when i was in hk!

05 November, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home