Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mooncakes and Happy Mooncake Fest!

It's mooncake festival again and how are you celebrating it this year
With recent years competition, we've seen mooncake flavours evolving, and though I have no strong urge to try it...it's inevitable that some would end up in my stomach..hahaha
So, some non traditional mooncake flavours that I've tried this year ..

Chocolate and strawberry fondue.. The chocolate was weird as it's sort tasted like a mix of chocolate and bean paste. Strawberry tasted like medicine. The baked chocolate skin was a that bitter.
Tiramisu
This fared much better. This was the best amongst these non conventional flavours. The 'yolk' was savoury and tasted of cheese and milk while the paste had very faint coffee flavour..
Coffee and Oreo
As weird as it sounds, but was still better than the Choco Fondue. The black centre was oreo and yes, it does taste like oreo. The brown paste was coffee, and a bitter one. Didn't fancy this either.
Green Tea..Didn't taste like green tea actually. If I didn't read the label of this mooncake, I would have thought it's pandan...Quite normal.
I did try other 'modern' flavours such as Durian Coulis and Sambal Shrimp with Lotus which I did not take pics of. Don't think there was a need to anyways.
Oh well, you can call me old school, but I think I'll still stick to my good old lotus with single yolk moon cake. Or the shanghai mooncake from my hometown.
HAVE A HAPPY MOONCAKE FESTIVAL FOLKS!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Precious Pea said...

I still heart the traditional lotus paste with yolk. Happy Mooncake Festival!!

14 September, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

pea: yeah, me too! happy mooncake fest to you too!

jackson: happy mooncake festival to you too :)

14 September, 2008  
Blogger HairyBerry said...

hope you had a good mooncake festival yesterday!

with lotsssssssssssa mooncakes...hehehe

15 September, 2008  
Blogger choi yen said...

Happy Mid Autumn Festival!!!

I like jelly mooncake~~

15 September, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

nic: no la, quite a quiet affair for me..outstation ma, dont get to spend with family..

mimid3vils: same to you! :) wah, jelly mooncakes..didnt have that for years already!

15 September, 2008  
Blogger Jason said...

I missed moon cakes!

16 September, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

jason: hmmm, wonder if you can still buy any now? hehe

17 September, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home