Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Kedai Kopi USJ 2, Nyonya Laksa, Subang Jaya

Just a short post today, a place that I was suppose to try it's nyonya laksa for ages, but always out of luck when we were there.
Luck was on our side recently and I managed to get a bowl of nyonya laksa from Wu Shou Lou's stall..
I had mine with curry stingray (RM5, i think), which looks very tempting.. This bowl of noodles was served piping hot and having this for my first meal of the day, well, it warms my tummy immediately. The soup was not too thick but still had sufficient kick once I mixed the sambal into the soup base. Those who are fans of thicker soup base may find this less attractive though ;p
I got a super huge chunk of stingray... Very fresh and the meat's really sweet (though a tad coarse, as how stingrays should be), goes wonderfully with the crunchy beansprouts and long beans. You can opt for nyonya laksa with chicken or the full blown seafood deluxe as what Boolicious had.
Satisfying bowl of noodles indeed. :)
Wu-Shou Luo nyonya laksa stall is located at Kedai Kopi USJ 2, Jalan USJ2/2C, Subang Jaya, Petaling Jaya.

Labels: , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger HairyBerry said...

curry laksa with stingray? woah, definitely in the running for "most interesting find of the week"...well, at least for the shiok sendiri me lar...haha!

sounds and looks delicious!

03 September, 2008  
Blogger wmw said...

Did I miss reading why you seem to be eating in USJ nowadays? :o)

03 September, 2008  
Blogger Jun said...

yeah u seem to be gng to my area these days. if only i were thr to meet up w u...

03 September, 2008  
Blogger backStreetGluttons said...

He is quite consistent tho his chickens can be cold sometimes.
( like some ?)

03 September, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

nic: it's yummy as the stingray's fresh. dont need to shiok sendiri, just go try it :p

wmw: no ler, just 2 post only...coincidentally, really unplanned!

jun: oh you stay around that area? quite a lot of yummies at SJ..

backstreetgluttons: hahaha pun intended i presume :p

03 September, 2008  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

Subang is like another state to me. Next time I'm lost & hungry, I know who to call.

04 September, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

tummythoz: i'm quite lost there too..every since wth all the road changes, it's different from my college days there.. but i can still direct you for this one :)

05 September, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

must tell kgboy as hes a sucker for anything stringray/pari

05 September, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

kampungboycitygal: then he'll like this coz the pari's thick and juicy fresh..

07 September, 2008  
Blogger Rasa Malaysia said...

I am from a Nyonya family but I have never seen this Nyonya Laksa dish in Penang though, I wonder if this is a KL creation? :P
I think they are more like Penang Curry Mee, but no sure why the stingray is there. LOL.

09 September, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home