Tuesday, August 19, 2008

T&K Seafood, Chinatown, Bangkok

Chinatown in Bangkok is a sight not to be missed..
The colour, the sights, the sounds, the food and.. the pollution :p
And as you walk along the main road in Chinatown, you'll definitely see 2 very popular chinese 'restaurants' at a T-junction, one restaurant has it's staff dressed in red uniform while the other, in green uniform. We decided to have dinner at T&K Seafood.. Ordering was quite easy as the menu's also in english and had quite a number of food pictures too.

We had the famous grilled prawns that everyone orders.. Really succulent, sweet and juicy. The prawns flesh were springy and had absorb the smokey salty flavours, making this dish utterly lip smacking. Delicious.

Thai curry crab.. I had a wonderful version of this dish at a restaurant near Menam Chao Phraya, and was hoping that T&K's version would be good too. Oh well, I guess not. Their version was a tad too rich in milk and egg, so strong that it almost envelope the crab's sweetness.

We ordered Oyster omelette.. Served on a bed of beansprouts, this was really tasty. The oysters were plump and juicy, the egg omelette was crispy while the dough was moist and filled with chopped garlic and spring onions.
I wanted to have Vermicelli Crab.. Again, I have tried a fantastic version of that before, thought T&K should be able to prepare an equally delectable one. This was just mediocre to me though. Too sweet and lack of pork fats in this dish makes it rather unattractive to me.
We had some veggies too but I didn't take a picture of it.
Total bill was about THB990 (inclusive of rice and drinks)
T&K Seafood is located at 49-51 Phadung Dao Rd, Chinatown, Bangkok. T: (02) 223 4519. Open daily: 4:30 pm – 2:00 a.m.

Labels: , , , , ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time, I'm going to BKK with you. I don't think I even went near Chinatown on my last trip! :-P

20 August, 2008  
Blogger HairyBerry said...

me too! me too! missed chinatown as well! too busy with the heavenly massages...hehehehehe... ;P

20 August, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make that THREE! I also wanna join u on ur makan journey to Bangkok... ;)

20 August, 2008  
Blogger J2Kfm said...

ahhh! BANGKOK again! I'm desperate for another trip ...
erm, bring me along also?
I promise I'll wipe off all remains!

20 August, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

lyrical lemongrass: the last you were there, it's a relaxing trip for you.. so dont think you'll squeeze in chinatown. sure, we can do a food bloggers trip to BKK ;p

nic: really? you're sure it's just massages that occupy all your time in BKK? :p

kenny: wah, looks like the rombongan is slowly building up..hehe

j2kfm: i was there for a week la dude, cant help it with quite a lot of BKK posts :p. hehe..with me along, dont think there's much remains too..hahaha

20 August, 2008  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

haha you got another eager beaver here..with some1 as a guide..im more then happy! the last time around..i wasnt so happy walking around in circles!

21 August, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

joe: wah, most of these places are first times for me too..dont think i'm qualified to be guide ler..but sharing places i've been to eat is definitely ok :)

22 August, 2008  
Blogger choi yen said...

sure 1 2 visit this place when my coming BKK trip!!!

22 August, 2008  
Blogger backStreetGluttons said...

Chinese food in Amazing Thailand is surely an unforgettable erotika, whether for ladies ( and especially for men)

the smiles, the fragrances , the flavors , the overwhelming cheongsamy serai senses and the highnesses of Singha. And the uncontrollable aftershocks
LOL

22 August, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

mimid3vils: chinatown is a must go :). maybe you shud try the restaurant opposite T&K, the one with red uniform..and tell me how's the food there? both are equally popular..

backstreetgluttons: aptly said, aptly said :D

24 August, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I am going to Bangkok soon I wanna go to TK seafood but how do I get there? Does the taxi driver know the way? Thank you.

25 August, 2008  
Blogger wmw said...

Crab Vermicelli looks good but didn't get points. Where to get that here?

25 August, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

vendi: hi! yes, the taxi driver will know the way (i took a cab too). just tell them Chinatown, Phadung Dao road. It's the main road in chinatown and this restaurant is in the middle part of the the road in chinatown, you will definitely see it as it's very popular (the one next to T&K, with red uniform is also very popular)

wmw: yeah, i've tried another at siam square and that was way better than this. hmmm, good question, i heard there is in M'sia, not in KL nor Selangor though. and the method of cooking is different though..

25 August, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SC thank you :) Ur food blog is sure making me drool hehe :P

25 August, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I been here last November. Agreed that the oyster omelette was really good but ours wasn't served with beansprout.

25 August, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

vendi: you're welcome :)

jason: i remember you writing briefing about it too..oh, no beansprouts? it's a nice side to the omelette though

26 August, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful version of this dish at a restaurant near Menam Chao Phraya, and was hoping that T&K's version would be good too. Oh well, I guess not. Their version was a tad too rich in milk and egg, so strong that it almost envelope the crab's sweetness.

05 September, 2008  
Anonymous Finding Bangkok Hotels said...

A lot of Thai and Chinese Food is all around china Town. I must come here!!! Thank you.

02 October, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home