Thursday, June 05, 2008

Rib Lee's, Desa Sri Hartamas

I really didn't want to post this.
It was in my file for months..
I fear I'll give you guys headache.
Those who went out with me for meals would know by now I hate taking pictures with flash. No matter how dark/ dim the restaurant is, I'll stubbornly refuse to use flash.
Hence, I got this bunch of sucky photos. Must have been the suckiest I've ever taken since I started blogging...so if you cant stand seeing these pictures, feel free to skip this post....
It was WF's birthday and we have been planning to eat at Rib Lee's for some time, we finally did managed to pop by on her birthday. The birthday girl was late, so we took the liberty to order without her :p.
Her timing was perfect, she reached when the first bowl of soup was served..
Some very creamy mushroom soup. Pretty good to warm up our hungry tummies as it was raining outside.
Appetisers were served soon after, we had some smokey rolls... Bacon rolled with prawns, sliced celery and carrots..I must say it's quite tasty, but the prawns seems wasted as the flavour was totally covered by the bacon. Think Elcerdo's bacon with anchovies fared much better..
Nachos..Served hot and it was gone almost immediately..yup we were that hungry..pigs pigs that we are. I find this just slightly above average as I prefer my nachos with beef, rather than pork..
Smoked Duck salad provided some form of fibre before we turned full on carnivorous mode.. As the smoked duck was sliced thinly, it goes well with the salad, not overly salty. Quite refreshing actually.
Had some angel hair pasta (cant recall the full name of this dish)... I might as well call it zhu yau zhar pasta as the whole plate was filled with those artery clogging babies. I think I got OD-ed on this, after a while, I find it too oily and rich for me. Good as a sharing dish nonetheless.
Then it was full speed ahead with pork, pork and pork..
No turning back baby...
All the pork mains were served almost simultaneously..
The St. Louise Style Ribs..Quite a large strip, the meat was juicy, springy and very well marinated. Other than some part which was burnt (rather badly), I thought this was delicious nonetheless.
US Baby Back Ribs..Looks gorgeous hor? Think it sort of ended there. The ribs were dry, the exterior marination was a tad pasty. Pasty + dry ribs = drier ribs.. :(
The Bourbon Glazed Ribs fared better...The ribs were juicy (at some parts) and the sauce was pretty good.
Crispy Pork Belly was basically a slab of siew yuk on mash.. I was rather unfortunate, the cut that I had was chewy, the skin was not crunchy at all. It was so chewy and sticky, some was stuck on my teeth! I was not happy. Some of my friends got the crispy part, so they said it was yummy. Ceh.
Though we were full, we needed the desserts..
Hey, the BD girl needs her cake right?
In which we had a good laugh as WF did not want candles and the waiter had to light the candles numerous times and it was 'extinguished' by WF before the cake managed to hit the table..hahaha
Oreo Cake.. I'd say it's Oreo Ice Cream. It's mediocre, as it's quite a frozen block, needed some time for thawing..
The Chocolate Mud Cake..I expected something moist, sticky, rich and sinful. It tasted more airy, reminds me of those chinese steamed egg cake actually. Having it with the vanilla ice cream was better, at least it got more moist.
Total bill was RM387 (including drinks).
Rib Lee's is located at No. 41-1, Wisma CKL, Jalan 23/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas, 50480 Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 603 6201 0180. Just above Al-Rajhi Bank.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger HairyBerry said...

wah, zhu yau zhar pasta! it's like hokkien mee without the dark soya sauce lor...i'm absolutely awed...

and that siu yoke? WAHHH! so big piece one ar?! now that's fusion.

06 June, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

nic: yeah, it's the western version of hokkien mee. they called zhu yau zhar as pork croutons! huge slab of siew yuk, but too chewy and fat (solid, not melt in mouth type) for me :(

06 June, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The angel hair pasta and pork belly definitely got my attention. Wanna go again? ;-)

06 June, 2008  
Blogger JeromeFo 令狐冲 said...

Wow.The St. Louise Style Ribs looks special to me.Will go check it out when i back..
ohya, Oreo Ice-cream!I want to try that too =)

06 June, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

lyrical lemongrass: the angel hair pasta was pretty good but the crispy pork belly was not good wor..when are you planning to go? :)

jerome: St Louise was a big slab of pork..good nonetheless...pig out when you're back i guess? :p

06 June, 2008  
Blogger J2Kfm said...

aiya, how bad can the pics get leh? hehe ... looks better than my hp cam pics anyway. :)
its the food/reviews that counts, rite?

07 June, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah, zhu yau zhar pasta? Like high-end version of Hokkien Mee leh. We should try Westernizing more Malaysian delicacies, no? :P

07 June, 2008  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

its been awhile since i had it..must b like last year! yeah the place is pretty dim if i recall..the ribs though had some hits n misses..

08 June, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

j2kfm: usually yes, but i noticed some who just view the pictures, but dont read the contents :(

kenny: if it works, i guess so :p

joe: agree..some of the ribs we have were pretty disappointing..

09 June, 2008  
Blogger boo_licious said...

Drats, the ribs sounds yucky and dissapointing. I have been waiting to try this place out. Guess, I will shove it to the last place on my list. Thxs for the heads up SC!

11 June, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home