Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Restoran Tuck Cheong, Pudu, KL

Since I've started with old schools, I might as well continue with another old school restaurant located at dear old Pudu...
A place that I've just discovered, although Tuck Cheong has been around this part of town for over 4 decades. Was there recently early in the morning with my boss, we decided to have dim sum at Tuck Cheong. Ordering was by walking to the steamer and choosing the dim sums..

Some siew mai Oh there's 3 actually. My boss was hungry and ate one before I managed to take a picture of it..hehe. This siew mai had more fish than pork. Which I find mediocre only.

Lor mai kai... Looks moist and soft..which it was. But I find the marination lacking. Luckily it was served piping hot, it was still nice to eat. I wanted to try the fish paste cheong fun (rice sheet).. The rice sheet was thick and bland, rather sticky too. You can skip this dish.
My compulsory order, the steam pork ribs... Tuck Cheong does this beautifully. Thumbs up to the tender ribs and excellent rich bean sauce. Absolutely lovely.
Some fried fish balls.. A more compact fishball full of flavour and lots of chopped spring onions and chillies. Tasty.
The yong tou foo looks good, so we ordered a plate too..The YTF was juicy and soaked up all the sauces. The fish paste was springy and goes well as a filling. Tastes as good as it looks :)
Boss wanted sang yuk pao (steam pork buns)
We waited quite a while as it's freshly steamed..Have it hot, the pao was filled with pork and chopped sar kok (turnip). The filling was very tasty, with some sauce flowing from the pao, but I find the skin too thick and too compact. I like my paos fluffy.
Restoran Tuck Cheong is located at end of Jalan Kancil, Pudu, KL. Facing a very rundown, old Kompleks Ruby. Few roads away from Thong Kee egg tarts.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't had dim sum in some weeks now. Time for some this weekend, methinks. :)

28 May, 2008  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

wah just u n ur boss??? hmmmmm

28 May, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

kenny: good to have it once in a while ;)

joe: all my colleagues (and i) have good relationship with my boss la..yeah, we are those lucky ones with nice boss ;p

29 May, 2008  
Blogger J2Kfm said...

hehe, I often eats with my boss as well, but that's only if we go out for work. he treats though, haha ... =)

29 May, 2008  
Blogger 古墓街第7号當鋪 said...

Wow.Another good dim sum shop=)
Will go check it out.

30 May, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

j2kfm: yeah, usually my boss will buy if we are out too..but now and then, i'll buy her a meal :)

jerome: not everything's good yeah...must try the steam pork ribs, fried fish ball and ytf though..

30 May, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will check out this dim summmmmmm! =P

Cheers,
zoe
xanga.com/zpeee15

01 June, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

will check out this dim summmmmmm! =P

01 June, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

zoe: hi zoe! thanks for popping by!

01 June, 2008  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

A must breakfast place whenever sent for training at a center here. Hi-5 on the ribs!

03 June, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is the price reasonable?

03 June, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

tummythoz: yeah baby! ribs ribs ribs!

sam: i paid for it and since i cant remember the amount i paid, should be reasonable la :p

03 June, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just loved that one can get dim sum anywheres.. in malaysia.. :)

17 June, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home