Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Crystal Jade La Mian, KL

Those who read my blog frequently would have noticed that I hardly write on franchises or restaurants in shopping malls.. Dont ask me why, I just rarely do..;p
I was down at the famed Golden Triangle recently and it was near brunch time. Had to crack my head on what to eat and I recalled Crystal Jade and it's la mien (hand pulled noodles).
As we were real early, it was not crowded and we even had the luxury to choose our table. Service was prompt, ordering was a snap. We didnt even have much time to chat when a large bowl was placed between us.
Our zha jiang mien (la mien with spicy sauce) was quite a large serving.. The sauce was thick, with ample mince meat, taufoo, mushroom and sliced cucumber. Evenly mix it with the noodles, this is a very appetizing meal. WF liked the fact that the noodles did not have any alkaline taste and had a light, but chewy texture. As the noodles was somewhat sticky with the sauce, we were given a bowl of soup to wash down the stickiness...
The xiu long bao was served soon after
Their xiu long bao had so much soup in it..I was so thrilled...hehe. The skin was just nice, not too thin; sufficiently thick for my chopsticks to hold it firmly. One bite and slurps..yes, i was slurping and slurping, the stock was sweet and thick. Nice. And the pork; very well marinated; goes very well with the black vinegar and shredded ginger..
The radish pastry was next.. I had a real good one in Hong Kong before, I hoped that Crystal Jade's was ok. The pastry was a tad thick; luckily it was flaky and light. The turnip was mild in taste, accentuating the natural flavours of the turnip. One of the nicer ones I've tried for some time; though not as good as HK's. When I saw Lion Head (Porkballs with egg yolk and veg in claypot) in the menu, I really wanted to have that..Has been ages since I had Lion Head, so was looking forward to it. I was surprised that there were 2 lion heads rather than one..dang! how am I going finish this? so much meat! The meat
tasted exactly like the meat used for xiu long bao, hence we sort of OD-ed on the porky stuff....
We were real full by the time we were done, heck, we didnt even manage to finish our food..Total bill was RM60 (including drinks). By the time we left (about 12+), there was a large crowd at the entrance, waiting for tables. Glad I was there early :)
Crystal Jade La Mian is located at R2 Lot 10 (shopping center), 50 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 KL. Tel: 03-21482338. Facing Sungai Wang shopping center.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Blasphemy! One can never OD on Pork. :-P

18 October, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

lyrical lemongrass: hahaha..here's one serious pork lover speaking :)

18 October, 2007  
Blogger Christina Kim said...

Hehe...I have no comment, since I am not a meat lover at all:p
But the radish thingy looks really cute:D
(Haha..I am such a spoiler for meaty posts:p)

18 October, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

christy: haha..cute eh? if it was smaller, shud be even cuter :)

19 October, 2007  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

how can u b tired of pork 1??..i even detox using pork ler wahaha..

19 October, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always wanted to try this place after church but somehow my friends don't seems to be keen. Grrrr..they rather eat McDonalds. What an insult to culinary world!

19 October, 2007  
Blogger MeiyeN said...

i realise that this rest seems to be really famous and of course heard that food here is good... too bad that each time we were here, i kept forgetting to try this place :( must really put a reminder now!

19 October, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

joe: detox with pork? dude, u damn power ler..haha

tankiasu: OMG! McD's over this? so sad..

meiyen: must remember! the xiu long baos are just pure yums...

19 October, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I know where to get decent XLBs :D Thanks SC!

23 October, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

jason: most welcome :)

24 October, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home