Monday, September 10, 2007

Checkers, Bukit Damansara

I wanna pig out tonight, I told SL
It's one of those days that dinner time was fast approaching and I don't know what to eat. Gosh , I just hate that
I just wanted to eat loads..I'm in one of my huge appetite mode...
How about Lord of the Ribs at Checkers? SL asked, You could stuff yourself silly..
Sounds good and off we zoomed to Checkers..
I know that Checkers has opened it doors for years and this, I must say, was my first time trying it's famous ribs. While on the way there, SL said that the owner may not allow us to order Lord of the Ribs as he will insist that 2 ladies like us wont be able to finished the whole rack. He did that when she was there with her sister previously. And he's a tad eccentric, SL added with a smirk...
Checkers is a really small eatery, there were approximately 12 tables inside, and 3 tables out. No ambience whatsoever, you are here to enjoy the porcine goodness and it's always full house. Reservations were definitely recommended, especially weekends.
Menu was not very extensive; pork ribs, pork chops, pork knuckles, pig's tail soup, some pasta and one chicken dish; jamaican chicken. We settled for BBQ ribs and Porky's Best in the end as I dont want to OD on pork for my first try here (LOTRibs purportedly could feed 3-4)...
Looks delicious, I felt guilty making SL wait while I took a haphazard shot (sorry dear!)
The ribs was bbq-ed until it's real dry and smoky, the marination covered the ribs thickly...I took a cut, felt that it was a tad hard..Managed to cut myself a part of the ribs and took a bite. I must say that the marination was very tasty, but somehow, the meat was not very well marinated. When I ate the end of the ribs, it was so dry that the meat started crumbling as you chew. SL said she tasted better. Today was not one of those days.
Porky Best fared better..True to it's name, it's defintely for those who wants to pig out. Very carnivourous, it unleashes the barbaric side of me..hehe..just joking ;p. The marination used was different, again, this was cooked till dry and smoky. Loved the slightly charred bits, this ribs was juicy and we also had a part of pork loin (hidden under the ribs) which was utterly sinful but delicious.
We enjoyed the side dishes immensely, the corn was nicely buttered, sweet, juicy with a hint of smokiness. The mash was creamy, but not overtly buttery. And the chickpea salad and coleslaw were also very enjoyable. The accompanying sauces (bbq and vinegarette with chopped pickled veg?) serves to add another layer of flavour to the ribs. Total bill was RM97.90 (including drinks)
Though I find the BBQ ribs somewhat disappointing, I did enjoy the rest..hence, Lord of the ribs..wait for my return...haha
Checkers is located at 19, Lorong Setia Bistari Dua, Bukit Damansara. Tel: 603-2095 3304

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Lyrical Lemongrass said...

What an amazing appetite you have! hehe. Everything looks delicious!!

11 September, 2007  
Blogger backStreetGluttons said...

u r definitely a carnivore ( watch out boys !) btw maybe you should make yr wordings in post a bit bigger( think on the small side ) ?

11 September, 2007  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

I sorta agree with team bsg. Your font size seemed to have shrunk.
Can't wait to see the Lord of the Rib! Maybe can ask me along... =)

11 September, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

lyrical lemongrass: it's ok la..one main each..haha

team bsg: yes, me carnivore!!haha.. really? the fonts are small? thanks for the tip..i didnt know coz it looks norm in my com..

tummy: that's funny..I didnt do any adjustments to the fonts..have been the same since day one wor..hmmm..weird.. oooohhh, you're interested in LOTRibs too? ok ok, need to plan makan and check out if it lives up to it's name..haha

11 September, 2007  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

wow..LOTR eh?..must eat must try..call me also ler..preferably b4 i move office by next wk haha

12 September, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

joe: by next week! aduhai..that's too much pork for me..hehe. will let u know once i'e confirmed with tummythots :)

12 September, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home