Monday, August 27, 2007

Bonjuk, KL

I think most floggers wrote about Bonjuk already. Heck, even the papers did a write up recently on Bonjuk. Nonetheless, I had these photos of Bonjuk porridge sitting in my folder for a couple of months already, it's high time I have it cleared..hehe
One chilly evening, just after a heavy downpour, we thought hot, porridge would be the ultimate comfort food, hence Bonjuk comes to mind...
SF wanted something spicier, and her being a fan of kimchi, ordering was rather easy for her... Octopus and Kimchi porridge..Nicely tinged with the colour and flavour of kimchi, the porridge was generously laden with chopped octopus. Slightly on the spicier side, tasty nonetheless..
SL had the Seafood combo porridge..It was a decent porridge with chopped seafood; squids, prawns..Rather sweet too, from all the chopped vegetables, I presumed boiled for a couple of hours as it was soft and mushy..
I had the ginseng chicken porridge.. Again, the same vegetables porridge was used as the base porridge..My order was generously filled with shredded chicken and a ginseng was placed in the center. The porridge had a very strong chicken flavour, so strong that it almost covered the taste of the ginseng. I was a tad disappointed as I loved the slight bitter taste if ginseng. Would have tasted better (well, at least for me ;p) if this had a stronger ginseng flavour.
Bollywood Queen had the Mushroom and Oyster porridge.. Would you just look at that? Lovely aint it? So much mushrooms and fresh oysters..dang! I should have ordered this instead. I took a spoonful of this porridge and it's so very delicious..The oysters were very fresh, springy to the bite and no fishy smell at all. The mushrooms, sliced thick, enhances the porridge with it's subtle woody flavour.. I will definitely order this the next time I come..
All orders are also served with side dishes. Which you can request for refills..BQ likes the shredded beef, which tasted very much like beef jerky, albeit, a more tender version. The chilli was tasty too..mix it with the porridge, you'll get another flavour from the porridge altogether..Our total bill was RM57.80.
Some may find Bonjuk too plain for their liking, but I personally find this tasty; in a simple, back to basics sort of way..:)
Bonjuk is located at 18, Ground floor, Jalan 25/70A, Desa Sri Hartamas, 50480 KL. Tel: 03-23002302. No pork served. In the midst of getting halal certification (that was a few months back, might be halal by now..)

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Precious Pea said...

I like their bibimbap as well...really tasty.

28 August, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

yet to give this place a try..ur pic reminded me that i still have some overdue fd pic from korea..

28 August, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks really tasty. I always mixed up Bangsar with Sri Hartamas.

28 August, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

pea: have yet to try the bibimbap..will try it next time :)

kbcg: wah, have not finished posting on your korea pic?

jason: you just moved over to kl..it's ok lar.. you'll get used to it ;p

28 August, 2007  
Blogger boo_licious said...

I love their Bulgogi Bibimbap served with a stone bowl and an extra egg plus the Mushroom and Oyster Porridge. Yum!

28 August, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup! the bibimbap is worth trying as well! I luv the mushroom oyster porridge. Actually i luv all.

28 August, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

boo: yes, so i've heard;)

xlb: i see bonjuk have a fan ;p

28 August, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home