Friday, June 15, 2007

Restoran Talipon, Kuchai Lama

I've always heard that Restoran Talipon is a place that serves cheap all-you-can-eat steamboat buffet at RM18.80.
Somehow, never had the urge to go until one fine day, gary was feeling really carnivorous and he wanted meat. Lots of it. ._."
So off we went to Talipon, rather early actually, just before 7pm and it's already packed with customers. We took our seats and soon, was off to take some food to cook..
The selection was ok, marinated meat, some seafood, lots of balls ( fish balls, sotong balls, veg balls etc..hehe), vegetables, desserts and cooked food section (ie, fried bee hoon, curry chicken, finger food etc).
Gary had his fill with loads of meat for grilling While Candy and me took other stuff for the steamboat..Slather the hot pan with margerine and cook, cook, cook! The pan was very hot, so the meat was cook quite quickly...The steamboat (pot?) on the other end, took it's sweet time to boil....sigh..We had to wait quite a while for the steamboat food to cook, luckily there were some side snacks/ dishes we could eat while waiting..
Though food was abundant, I find the food quality just mediocre. The only thing I enjoyed was the bak kwa and lamb which I had loads.. But then again, it's RM18.80, what can I say? Guess this will be the place for very hungry-feeling carnivorous-dont mind the quality-average tasting food customers. Quite a mouthful eh? ;p
Restoran Talipon is located at Old Klang Road. Drive pass Pearl Point (on your right) until you reach the next traffic light. Turn right, drive on (road goes slightly uphill). You will see Restoran Talipon on your left, just before a traffic light junction.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Tummythoz said...

Once upon a time when my metabolisme rate was sky-high (when there's still hope to grow taller), this was a fav major pig out place. And I believe the price was lower. Now, *sigh*.

15 June, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

awww, tummythoz, dont sound so sad! you're still svelte wat! yeah, pigging out is the word (without burning a hole in your pockets). What? it was even cheaper then?

15 June, 2007  
Blogger tankiasu said...

I stopped going there since I found 2 dead flies buried beneath the piles of lamb and chicken there last year. Food was getting more lousy, service became worse, and price is getting higher. :-P

15 June, 2007  
Blogger Kenny Mah said...

Sounded pretty okay till I read tankiasu's comment. Ugh...

But I like the concept though, esp the bakwa. What to do, born-and-bred carnivore here... ;)

15 June, 2007  
Blogger wmw said...

There's another Restoran Talipon along the LDP, right?

15 June, 2007  
Blogger boo_licious said...

expanding on tankiasu's comment - I once went to the one next to the LDP. Didn't eat there as I was turned off with the loads of flies hovering over the food.

16 June, 2007  
Blogger teckiee said...

Hm... I love talipon.. I eat at the Taman Megah one tho... along LDP as mention by WMW and Boo. Havent been there for sometime tho. About the flies... errr no comment.

17 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting name. Lol. I really like this bbq steamboat concept. Can bbq your own bak kwa, what's there not to love? Hehe. Fun eating

17 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I saw that name somewhere in KL few days ago... Ipoh have a restaurant doing this type of cooking (grill and boil at the same time), nearby my house.

Durianberry: Hey, I tried ths at Butterworth b4, maybe you should check it out.

17 June, 2007  
Blogger Precious Pea said...

I used to go to their branch in Kelana Jaya. Love the BBQ more than steamboat. Did you try the marinated Patin? So yummy especially when the fatty part being bbq-ed till crispy. Yummzzz. Since a long time I didn't visit that place cos Hubby said it's so hot and sweaty when dine there. Hmm..must drag him there one weekend..SOON.

18 June, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

tankiasu: omg!eeewww...yeah, food was just average/ below. as for service, it was ok for me coz it's buffet..didnt really need them to serve us that much..

kenny: you? carnivore? sure or not? ;p

wmw: yup, just opposite Kelana Jaya LRT

jackson: hehe, think this will be years later for me to visit this place again (unless i'm coerce!)

boo: really? i didnt go to the one at LDP coz it usually looks rather, erm, quiet...

teckiee: you've been? guess the food selection is same as the one at kuchai lama?

durianberry: guess lots went there to pig out and chat (while waiting for thier food to cook) for hours..yup, the bakwa is yummy..

jason: so, have you been to any of these?

18 June, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

precious pea: no wor, didnt even noticed there was any patin :-(. ha, now with the rainy days, sure your hubby will go, not hot and sweaty anymore...

18 June, 2007  
Blogger tankiasu said...

jason - Do you there's a Restoran Talipon right opposite your housing area now in KL?! ;-)

18 June, 2007  
Blogger MeiyeN said...

came here once with my ex-classmates during my college days to celebrate my birthday.. think of it, 7-8 years ago and i feel so old now :(

18 June, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

meiyen, time flies by real quick eh? ;)

18 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home