Monday, April 02, 2007

Eat- Zy Teow Chew Porridge & Rice, Sunway Mas

Came over to Eat-Zy as it was rather late and this was the first eatery that amy and I came across. Without looking any further for food, we quickly parked and chose our dishes.
We ordered dou shi fish. I can't recall the name in english, but it's dried fish with fremented black bean. Jason reminded me that it's called black dice dace in english..thanks! Anyways, I love to have this with porridge. Since this is canned food, not much comment frm me ;p
The omelette was good, which both of us agreed was the best dish of the night. It had chopped choy poh (a type of preserved veg) and red chilli, a sprinkling of spring onions and a very fragrant after taste. Not sure what they have added, I could not pin point. Might be cincaluk (a local shrimp paste/sauce) or they used a very good quality light soy sauce. Nonetheless, this is good.
Though there's only a few slices of duck meat left in the tray, we decided to have it as both of us love duck. Their version was lou ngap (braised duck), the sauce was quite aromatic, but sadly, it was a tad cold and some of the meat was rather tough and we had a hard time chewing.
The stir fried mixed veg (of long beans, carrots, choy poh and mushrooms) had some diced waxed sausages thrown in, hence lacing this dish with a tinge of sweetness rather than just plain salty. Goes pretty well with the porridge too.
The porridge, however,did not have the smooth, velvety texture i was looking for.Though it was supposed to be a sweet potato porridge, the tiny orange thing floating in my bowl was the only hint that sweet potato was added into the porridge as I sure can't taste any of it. The porridge was rather lumpy, I was quite disappointed. Our total bill was RM22.20 including drinks.
What Julianne thinks?
Ordinary and forgettable
Eat-Zy Teow Chew Porridge & Rice is located at 28-1 Jalan PJU 1/3A, Sunway Mas Commercial Center, PJ. Just next to Aman Suria, it's the row of shop facing Aman Suria (facing the wall).

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger tankiasu said...

What? No braised pig intestines!? :P

02 April, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

most unfortunately, i am not a fan of pig intestines :p. i would only eat it if it's deep fried or make into satay which are absolutely delicious..

02 April, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

stopped eating canned fermented black bean fish ever since the rumours that it is cancerous spread around..miss it so dearly

02 April, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The canned black bean fish is called black dice is it?? Mix in some chopped chillies and I can finish the whole serving!

02 April, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

kampungboycitygal: welcome to my humble 'abode'! oh dear, i've totally forgotten about that piece of rumour! then again, it has been over a year since i ate this..hopefully damage was minimal ;). do come by often.

jason: yes, yes that's the name! black dice! i was trying so hard to recall..hehe. thanks. ya, the fish is addictive stuff eh?

03 April, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SC: Not really addictive but if served with chillies and few dash of lime juice - fuah.. cannot tahan! :p

03 April, 2007  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

Hehe, I think it's 'dace'-lar.
Teochew porridge, of course grainy. It's more towards rice in water. I don't like it either. The smooth thick type is Cantonese version.

03 April, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

thanks tummythoz for confirming on the 'dace' part :). haha, nimrod like me dont even know that d smooth velvety porridge is cantonese version (and i'm half canton! *blush*)..thanks for pointing out. teochew porridge = rice+water = not nice :(

03 April, 2007  
Blogger Xiu Long Bao said...

haha...the black 'dace' isit? I dun really like dat but my dad (n' those older generations) luv to hav black dace fish wiv white porridge.

03 April, 2007  
Blogger Kenny Mah said...

Black dace, not dice. And yes, I've heard it causes cancer along with other fermented products, but I never ate the stuff before hearing this news anyway.

Instead, after dengar, somehow I started liking it and now I hit Teo Chew porridge at SS2 almost once every week. :)

03 April, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*floating with red faces* Eheheh.. my memory isn't that good either ;p
Yeah, I don't like Teochew porridge too.. but my friend's mother usually served it in broth, not water

03 April, 2007  
Blogger Lyrical Lemongrass said...

I love canned dace (despite the health warnings). hehe. That with teochew porridge is enough to make me happy. :-)

03 April, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

xiu long bao: u dont like it? wah, u make me sound so old (liking old generation food)..since i like black dace too! hehe

kenny: oooh, i see someone here lives life dangerously and taking risks..hehe

jason: guess your mum's friend's version would taste better since it's served with broth eh?

lyrical lemongrass: same here! another must have for me with porridge would be fermented beancurd (fu yu) :)

04 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home