Monday, November 27, 2006

Ho Weng Kee, SS2

Hah, yes, SS2, where it's famed for food galore to satisfy anyone's craving..
But is that true? No doubt, there's lots of eateries around, but to find some above average food in SS2 may be a tad difficult at times.. :(
Anyways, I came to know about Ho Weng Kee just early this year as my boss was telling me about this very famous wantan mee in SS2 that has been in biz for decades. Why dont you try it since you are staying near there? Betul juga, why dont I try it? Guess coz its opened for breakfast and lunch? And I usually go to SS2 during dinners? Nonetheless, I went with Amy (who absolutely loves wantan mee) and I have return to Ho Weng Kee a few times after that.
Ho Weng Kee serves the basic wantan noodles, ie, with wantan and char siew. You get to choose for it to be served as dry or noodle soup. I ordered the usual wantan mee while amy always have pure char siew with noodles. Although it's full house, our food came in ok time...
HWK's wantan mee has just the right texture, springy to the bite. I guess they did a good job in the "go lang hor" section, ie, boiling and soaking the noodles in cold water to get the right noodles texture. As for the dry noodle sauce base, its really fragrant.. at a closer inspection, I could see that the noodles was drizzled with lard/chicken fat stock.. You give the noodles a toss and wahlah, it tastes wonderful :). The charsiew was ok, maybe slightly above average, the wantan filling was tasty but too little :p. But I would say that the star attraction is the noodles itself.. Just yummy.
You get to choose different toppings for the wantan mee, such as braised mushrooms with chicken feet, beef brisket, shredded chicken, curry chicken etc..
What Julianne thinks?
Uncomplicated yet delectable
Ho Weng Kee is located at Jalan SS2/66. I've forgotten to jot down the shop number though.. sorry mates..Its at the SS2 square, faces outside road. Same row as Ampang Yong Tow Foo and the row where theres lots of dimsum shops.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Last-of-the-Dragon said...

i ate wif u there oso le

27 November, 2006  
Blogger sc said...

no lar.. the one we ate is in chow yang. HWK is another shop.. better than Chow Yang's la..

27 November, 2006  
Blogger Xiu Long Bao said...

hi sc,
got ya from masak-masak's blog. I used to frequent this restaurant when i was studying at PJ.
Ho weng kee's curry is the best,my mum luvs the curry wantan mee so much but i tot it is abit pricey...rm4++ for a limited portion of noodles :)

01 January, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

hi xiu long bao..I have not tried their curry wantan mee yet.. but sounds good..will try it the next time i'm there :)

08 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home