Sunday, February 03, 2008

Oriental Pavilion Restaurant, Sec 13, PJ

Gosh, CNY is approaching and it's so busy, busy, busy!
Wished I had more time, so I could blog...but with friends birthdays and am in the mood for celebrations, guess I'm really neglecting my blog huh? :p
Dim sum is usually my weekend brunch with friends ; one of the more frequented dim sum place is Oriental's. Managed to take some pictures when I was there with SL on my last visit..
We had Har gau..
Sweet, springy fresh prawns as filling. Tasty and lovely to eat it piping hot..
Scallop dim sum..Again, scallops were fresh, hence it was a delight eating it. Rather large serving too.
My 'by now you should know' compulsory order..
Steamed spare ribs..It was just an average dish. Though the spareribs were fresh, I find the marination lacking. Rather bland, in fact.
The yu mai was lovely though..Oriental's version was the type I like; more compact, not too springy. Delish.
The stir fried carrot cake was good, the carrot cake was firm (not the mushy type which I totally dislike) and crispy on the outside; the eggs and beansprouts had the right amount of wok hei. Garlic and dried shrimps enhanced the flavours of this dish too.
Woo kok (yam puff) which is usually the only deep fried dim sum dish I ordered was forgettable. This is how it looks like. I cant, for the life of me recall how it tasted. Well, at least it was not Bad, else I would definitely remember..
The scallops chee cheong fun was another tasty dish..the CCF sheets were smooth, pratically glides down my throat. The fresh scallops obviously did justice to this dish and the subtle sauce flavours makes this combination a scrumptious dish..
We decided to share a plate of roasted pork (siew yuk) Pretty good, each piece was a lovely combination of pork, fatty parts and crispy skin. Great to have it on it's own, or dipped in the mustard sauce. Not as good as Wong Kee's roasted pork though. :p
Total bill was RM76.60.
Oriental Pavilion Restaurant is located at Lot P104 &A, 1st Floor, Jaya 33, Jalan Semangat, Sec 13, PJ. Tel: 603-79569288

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

yeah..damn bz rite b4 CNY..rushing here n there..i hav virtually left my camera untouched for a week d!

looks good..i had too much dim sum last wk..still digesting..hmmm

04 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have yet to go to this place. Maybe I'll wait till wayyyy after CNY. Roast pork looks good. :-) (You know me...always zoom in to the babi)

04 February, 2008  
Blogger Precious Pea said...

So busy lately, this place I wanna try long long ago but still no time yet.

04 February, 2008  
Blogger HairyBerry said...

been here before...they have this individual serving of spare ribs...a fusion wannabee thingy. tasted ok lar...they have a lot of claypot dishes too, right? dunno bout the taste though..hehe

04 February, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

joe: yes...so busy now..all the hustle and bustle!

lyrical lemongrass: haha..yeah, long time after CNY! babi-nya! hehe

pea: maybe like lemongrass, try it wayyy after CNY (too much chinese in this month)

nic: i didnt try the individual serving of spare ribs..but i did try the claypot at their old branch across the road (at jaya supermarket. was just average only..

04 February, 2008  
Blogger ai wei said...

happy happy chinese new year! i have a sudden craving for dim sum again >___<

05 February, 2008  
Blogger Jason said...

Happy Chinese New Year!

05 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey nice blog. Do you visit Singapore often?

05 February, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

aiwei & jason: happy CNY to you too!

amelia: thanks! yeah, was at S'pore once every 2 months last year..not too sure bout this year though. you're from S'pore?

06 February, 2008  
Blogger Big Boys Oven said...

Gong Xi Fat Cai, may this 2008 bring you lots for hapiness and fortune!

07 February, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

big boys oven: gong hei fat choy to you too! wishing you abundance wealth, good health and happiness aplenty!

08 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I'm from Singapore! I love Malaysian food too. :)

09 February, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home