Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fat Spoon, Damansara Utama

What's new? Let's go somewhere new.
WF requested after our yoga class.
I was bushed, hungry and cant wait too long for my lunch. Too lazy to think of somewhere far to try exotic food, I thought of Damansara Utama, just a stone's throw away from my place and plenty of eateries that I can bet WF have never tried yet.
I chose Fat Spoon, and I hit jackpot, she didn't even realised it's existence..
Fat Spoon's entrance was easy to miss- the rustic look makes it hidden amongst the loud coloured counterparts.
The interior was an even interesting, slightly quintessential with different pieces of furniture that somehow fit well together.
We were warped back to 70s, but comfortably so.
Our menu was presented in the form of children books, which I thought was cute, but WF beg to differ. She'd rather look at the large board for the menu instead. Oh well.
Fat Spoon serves a selection of local dishes, with a mix of nyonya dishes and western snacks too. It was easy peasy choice for me- I went straight for Ulam Fried rice (RM11.90).
And I am glad I did. The rice was simply aromatic with the fresh herbs, rice was fluffy and encased with wok hei. I felt that the fried kunyit chicken was rather unnecessary (which incidentally was rather bland), the rice itself (and the sambal) was sufficient to satisfy me.
WF, who wanted noodles and something soupy, opted for Fat Spoon Noodles (RM8.90)
Not exactly the way we envisioned it to be, but WF enjoyed it nonetheless. The flat noodles were smooth, the broth sweet and it's generously laden with mince meat and prawns. Though she liked this dish, we both felt that the Ulam fried rice was nicer :p

Ended lunch with red velvet cake (RM9.90)

The cake was moist, the cream cheese was silky smooth- I wished there was more of those cheese frosting! Wonderful way to end the meal :)

Feeling smug that I managed to solve lunch in such a short and sweet way, WF brought me back to reality with " Where's next week's lunch? ". darn.

Fat Spoon is located at 73, Jalan SS21/1A, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Saw said...

Heard so much bt fat spoon! Darn, if only i hv time fr lunch! I can barely move frm my seat the moment i sat dwn on it frm morning til end of the day!

28 February, 2011  
Anonymous jason said...

Lol. The dilemma of a food blogger huh?

01 March, 2011  
Anonymous Kathlyn said...

This looks absolutely fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

10 April, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home