Sunday, March 21, 2010

Teapot Cafe, SS2

When Elaine suggested for afternoon tea, I asked her to choose a place... But she cant think of any place, so I asked if her afternoon tea meant something like Teapot Cafe?
Where's that?
Ok, that settles the venue..

In actual fact, I have not been to Teapot for a few years..so I was really unsure of the quality :p
We reached slightly before 3pm, the place was packed, we managed to snag the last table.
WF just wanted her pot of tea, she had Strawberry& Kiwi Tea, while I shared the Devonshire Teaset (RM19.90) with Elaine.
Our set consists of our choice of tea, a pair of scones, choice of cake and finger sandwiches( egg or tuna).
I had fond memories of the scones served at Teapot and was hoping that it's still nice..
The scones were warm and freshly baked, served with clotted cream and strawberry jam. It's still fluffy as I recalled it. Not for those who preferred crumbly, buttery scones- this version was light, fluffy. Wonderfully settling with a hot cup of tea. We didnt have many choices of cakes, most were finished by the time we ordered, so we took the moist chocolate cake. A decent piece, not a to die for version.
The tuna sandwiches was ok, the ingredients were fresh and mayonaise was kept to bare minimum.
I guess Teapot Cafe will still enjoy a steady stream of customers; the price is affordable and place sufficiently pleasant for a little tete-a-tete.

Teapot Cafe is located at 169, Jalan SS 2/24, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger qwazymonkey said...

You've just reminded me of a place I've long forgotten about. It's about time for a revisit.

21 March, 2010  
Blogger Sandy said...

hi, may i know this cafe is located near to what shop? Mcd? KFC? any landmark please? Thank you

22 March, 2010  
Blogger Christina Kim said...

Ahhh, tea is just a lovely thought when you have been crazy with work for the whole day, LOL!
I just love a good ol' English afternoon tea...hahaha =D

22 March, 2010  
Blogger sc said...

qwazymonkey: i've nearly forgotten about this place too if it's not for my friend's request for afternoon tea ;)

sandy: it's the row of shops facing mainroad (facing out), the road where there's lots of bridal shops? it's nearer to the T junction traffic lights, where if you turn right it's towards Sri Siam/ Seapark. you take the inner left road at this traffic light. it's the 3rd/ 4th shop on your left.If you drive all the way down, you'll reach the corner all you can eat durian stalls.

22 March, 2010  
Blogger sc said...

christy: true, true, great way to destress :) this is really good old fashion english tea- pity that the cucumber sandwiches were not in the menu :p

22 March, 2010  
Blogger Kenny Mah said...

An oldie that is a goodie. Nearly forgot about this place myself till I read your post about it. :P

22 March, 2010  
Blogger Rebecca Saw said...

Alws wanted to go..but a review by a friend recently stopped me in my tracks. He said the scones were horrid. He blogged abt it too. Haah..mayb it ws just tht day?

22 March, 2010  
Blogger sc said...

life for beginners: hehehe not surprising.. been ages since most of us patronized this place..

thenomadgourmand: hmmm, well, teapot's version is fluffy and slightly airy, but not buttery. so if your friend prefers crumbly, butterish ones, then he wont like this. go there about 3 pm, freshly baked scones are served at that time. go try and see if the QC is ok or not ;)

22 March, 2010  
Blogger minchow said...

I've wondered about this place since I moved to KL years ago!! Thanks for this, I am all for fresh sandwiches minus the crust and a lighter version of scones!

23 March, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home