Monday, October 05, 2009

JM Bariani House, Aman Suria

JM Bariani House opened it's doors a couple of months back at Aman Suria. And me who's staying nearby took my time..and finally decided to pop over.
I've heard of it's branches elsewhere, but never did try. Famed for it's johor briyani, JM Bariani House has gained quite a number of fans thorughout the years in business. Since it now came so near to me, I should try at least once right? :p hehehe
Popped by for lunch with dragon girl, we ordered the nasi briyani ayam..
Sorry it looked like a mess, the rice was piled on the chicken. The rice was quite tasty- the long grains were quite fragrant and fluffy. Not the best I've had, but definitely acceptable. The chicken was excellent though- extremely tender, very well marinated with the sauces.
I went back the second time soon after, as I wanted to try the briyani gam (only available on wednesday and saturday)- however, I was told that briyani gam was not available during bulan ramadan. :(
We had some taufu bakar for appetizers..
Very mediocre. In fact, slightly dry and coarse.
This time round, we had plain briyani and ordered separate bowls of meat.
The rice tasted the same to me, though WF felt cheated as it does not looked like how it was presented in the menu. Where's the raisins and cashews?
She wanted Ayam Masak Merah
Very thickish gravy, the Ayam Masak Merah was just above average. I cant say it was good as some parts of the chicken was over fried- hence tough to chew on. The sauce was tasty nonetheless- not the typical masak merah sauce, but sorta mixed with rendang flavour.
The daging bariani..
Fork tender, melting yet with pinkish center. The gravy was well balanced with the right sweet, salty and spiciness. Mixed generously with the rice, it's very addictive indeed. Weirdly for me though, this daging bariani left a beef stew aftertaste. Well, not that I'm complaining :p
But my fave would be the Kambing bariani..
Absolutely gamey- I enjoyed the thick gravy full of mutton aroma and flavour. Lip smacking indeed to have it with briyani rice. I liked this better than the beef bariani. The mutton was also fork tender.
The dalca that was served with the rice went unoticed, until Andrew realised it's presence and flooded his briyani with it. :p
Overall, the meat dishes were cooked beautifully, the rice was just an accompaniment (sadly so- especially for a briyani). My only gripe? The gravy was so, so oily! We had to scoop out the layer of oil before we started tucking in.
JM Bariani House, B-G-12, Jalan PJU 1/43, Aman Suria Damansara, Petaling Jaya - 47300. Selangor

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Saw said...

hhmm...price wise?

06 October, 2009  
Blogger wmw said...

I'm love the rice! Well, most well cooked briyani rice that is! Not necessary from here...hahaha...

06 October, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

thenomadGourmand: i didnt put in the price coz i threw away the bill.hehe.. but should be RM10- 11 therabouts for the rice and meat combo.

wmw: yes, the briyani rice should be the essence, not the dishes. oh well. this rice was ok, but gravy and meats are yums la..

06 October, 2009  
Blogger boo_licious said...

I do like the lamb briyani here but I find the quality does differ for each outlet.

07 October, 2009  
Blogger HairyBerry said...

daging bariani tasted like beef stew? that's interesting! yeah, i agree! the nasi should be just as good as the rendang. it's like chicken rice without the fragrance of rice, i think..hehe.

07 October, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home