Sunday, June 21, 2009

Kimchi Korean Restaurant, Tropicana City

An unexpected visit to Tropicana City led us to Kimchi Restaurant, it was still brunch time and I was not too sure I was up for korean for brunch time.
Nonetheless we stepped in; being the first customer has it's perks I guess. The service was pretty good.
some drinks while waiting for our food..
The Korean Plum tea.
I didnt like it; reminds me of the cough medicine I had when I was young. BQ liked it though..
There were 4 types of side dishes. A lil less compared to other restaurants..Boring selection too.
Complimentary pan fried dumplings..
Juicy, moist center and crisp skin. Pretty good.
The beef bibimbap
Somehow, this felt like fast food korean. The ingredients looked unrefined and prepared haphazardly, i could even see 2 of the side dishes served earlier also served in my bibimbap. :(. Taste wise, it's average.
The sizzling chicken ..
BQ enjoyed it; the chicken was tender and the sauce gets spicier with every bite. I felt it was more chinese- aka chinese hot plate spicy chicken.
Overall an average experience that does not render a revisit from me.
Kimchi Korean Restaurant, L1-57, First Floor, Tropicana City Mall, PJ.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Sugar Bean said...

It's nice that they serve complimentary fried dumplings, never encounter that in any Korean restaurants before.

22 June, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

sugar bean: dont think they give that now... it was a promo for 1-2 months during their opening

22 June, 2009  
Blogger Ciki said...

korean plum tea tt tasted like medicine?! dat's why its better to drink da soju!

22 June, 2009  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

looks like fast food indeed..unrefined and quick..

still havent been to tropicana mall..quite alot of places to eat and avoid!

22 June, 2009  
Blogger Rebecca Saw said...

Ko Hyang, Ko Hyang at the Gardens MV!! Go go try!

23 June, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

cumi&ciki: well, it tasted like that to me :( yeah, should have drown myself in soju..

joe: i've only tried a couple of places there..nothing much to do at TP

thenomadGourmand: i know, i should, i will! :)

23 June, 2009  
Blogger choi yen said...

so good got complimentary gyoza :)

23 June, 2009  
Blogger Jason said...

Aha, thanks for "filtering" the makan places in the mall for me :p
Shall avoid this place (unless I'm craving for Korean food all of a sudden)

24 June, 2009  
Blogger boo_licious said...

Ok...will avoid this place if I ever return to Tropicana Mall. Think the only place I want to try at that mall is the Indulge cafe.

24 June, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

mimid3vils: only for that month..

jason: staying so near also didnt pop over TP city ka?

boo: yes, i dont think you'll like this too. wooo, indulge cafe? will check it too

25 June, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home