Monday, May 04, 2009

Sushi Tei, Tropicana City

Wayne and Joanne mentioned that the sashimi at Sushi Tei's really fresh.
One week later, my brother told me exactly the same thing.
Resistance is futile I guess? :p

Something soupy to warm my belly first...
The Nabeyaki Udon (RM15.80)
Rather generous with the mushrooms and chicken, the soup was tasty (msg?). The udon's slightly over cook though.

The Yakitori Don (RM12.80)
Rice was compact and nicely soaked with sauce. Lots of chicken pieces, in which some was slightly burnt and somewhat dry. But I love the sliced onions though. So crisp and sweet! I can just eat the rice with the onions and sauce :p

Some eel, egg and flying fish roe roll (RM6)
The roe's fresh, popping with every bite. I could taste more of the egg than the eel; still a pretty decent roll.

Snacked on some chuka chinmi (RM6)
Cant go wrong with scallops right? Sushi Tei's version was slightly spicier, which I liked.

Some Soft Shell Crab rolled with fish floss (RM12.80)..

The crabs were juicy and crisp, the rice roll was thick as they also added sliced avocado and cucumber. The fish floss tasted sweetish; I didnt like the sauce drizzled over the roll. Tasted different, but not to my liking (not bad tasting, just different).

Some raw salmon (RM9.80)

5 thick slices of fresh salmon. And yes, it was very fresh and the meat was very springy. Now I know why they were so excited over the sashimis...

And the star of our meal...the Tokachi(RM48)..

Consists of 4 types of sashimi; salmon, butter fish, tuna and tuna belly, I knew I had to order as there's tuna belly. 12 slices of deliciousness; I thought it was pretty good value for money as the slices were very thick. And in order of my liking of taste and texture of each of these fish, I'd say the norm tuna comes last. The salmon's next; the same springy texture, sweet flavour. Butter fish won by a notch, the meat was firm yet bouncy to the bite; ends with a rich note.

But the winner was obviously the tuna belly.. Just looking at the marbling excites me :p. The meat, firm yet supple; breaks down easily with each bite. Almost melting into my mouth. Delectable.

The rolls, noodles and rice were ok, but I will definitely return for Sushi Tei's sashimi.

Sushi Tei is located at LotG-16, Ground Floor, Tropicana City, Jalan SS20/27, PJ.

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger choi yen said...

The eel rolls very worth of $$. Only RM 6.00 with 6 big pieces!!

05 May, 2009  
Blogger minchow said...

The tuna belly is the sexiest thing I've seen all day!! Prices are definitely decent!

05 May, 2009  
Blogger HairyBerry said...

i lurve, lurve, lurve the otoro at sushi tei. it is the best sushi chain, in my opinion. and i must say the prices are pretty reasonable for quality sashimi. i must go try the one in kl! ;D

06 May, 2009  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

Tropicana City? That's quite a spanking new mall right? Got good shopping?

06 May, 2009  
Anonymous jason said...

Tummythoz: Nope as it's not fully open yet.

The eateries in the mall are mushrooming slowly but I have yet to visit any. And I just live nearby! >_<

07 May, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

mimid3vils: not that big la, but good enuff :)

550mil jar of faith: yes, very sexy indeed :D

nic: the otoro's very fresh. real value for money for good sashimi. when are you going there? shall meet you there :)

tummythoz: new but not much to shop. no anchor tenant, only carefour and borders..

jason: bcoz we always look further and take nearby stuff for granted :p

07 May, 2009  
Blogger Ciki said...

we ate here! according to nic, some specialities are good but we have yet to try !

07 May, 2009  
Blogger worldwindows said...

Looks like good stuff esp the sashimi. Need to overcome my reticence to raw fish first.

07 May, 2009  
Blogger Benjamin Cheong said...

Hmmm... I wasn't really impressed with Sushi Tei... We ordered Ikura Don (Salmon Roe Rice) and whatever came was just a pittance of what was in the photo. Only *so* much display variance can be tolerated lah... =p

Anyways, me thinks Rakuzen is better. =)

22 June, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

cumi&ciki: hmmm must check wth nic too

worldwindows: sashimis really yums here

ben: wah..so bad neh? i was impressed by the sashimi, but the other cooked mains...ok la.
rakuzen's main's looks more hearty. yes, yummy food there too

22 June, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home