Saturday, April 04, 2009

Yogood gourmet muesli

The people from Pristine contacted me recently, they wanted me to try some of their health food products- some new flavours that they have launched recently..
I thought the timing was perfect; I have been trying to balance out my usually rich, heavy meals with some healthy ones, and yogood range seems to fit in nicely.
I got their gourmet muesli range..
Ok..muesli..I'm not that enthusiastic as for me, muesli is well...not that tasty :p. I mean, I'm sure we can eat healthy but those health food can taste good too right?
Nonetheless, I tried it...
Started off with the Yogood's Cranberry and Mango yoghurt coated muesli bar.
The packaging's pretty..Wonder if the actual bar looks like the picture on this box?
Looks the same. :).
The bar was compact; had chopped dried cranberries and mangoes, giving wonderful flavour to it. The creamy yoghurt base gelled with the rest of ingredients nicely. I find it a tad sweet, may be fine for most people though. There are also other flavours available.
The gourmet muesli..since i like mango, I tried the Honey and Mango Tango..
The box is not too large, there's 6 serves per box. It's stated on the box that there's 40% fruits, nuts & seeds, and 60% wholegrain...
I am pleasantly surprise, it's really abundant with fruits, nuts and seeds. There are almonds, macadamias, sultanas, raisins, pumpkin & sunflower seeds..and of course the mango bits i like :). I usually dont like muesli as it's rather tasteless, coarse and dry. But the plentiful ingredients does give the muesli great taste with each mouthful and I'd gladly eat it.hehe.
Other flavours available..
Apricots & Almonds
Cran& Berries, and Glow with Goji
I tried glow with Goji..hehe..was just wondering what's Goji? It's actually wolfberries (or kei zhi in cantonese), but in european countries, they call it Goji. I've tried dried goji snack before, it was hard and dry. Luckily, Yogood's version is soft and sweet, tasted very much like mini sweet dates. Goes well with the rest of the ingredients.
Overall, I must say that the yoghurt bars and gourmet muesli are yummy; here's to a healthier lifestlye :D
You can get Yogood yoghurt bars and gourmet muesli at most supermarts/ hyper marts.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Ciki said...

packaging is so cute, that it's worth a try. lol - btw, is it too sweet?

05 April, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

cumi&ciki: the gourmet muesli is just nice, the bar is a tad sweet. but keeping it refrigerated and have it cool is better :)

05 April, 2009  
Blogger teckiee said...

hmm is it sweeter than uncle toby's?

05 April, 2009  
Blogger bigfish_chin said...

YoGood... have it with a cup of coffee should be lovely!

05 April, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

teckiee: wow, been a long time since i had unc toby (is it still on shelf?)...but from what i recalled, no, unc toby's sweeter..

bigfish_chin: yes, i would think so too..hehe

05 April, 2009  
Anonymous Lyrical Lemongrass said...

The packaging's really attractive, and it's one of the reasons why I picked it up some time ago. I love my muesli. Yummm.

06 April, 2009  
Blogger Jason said...

I love muesli but kinda expensive ler :(

07 April, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

lyrical lemongrass: yup, pretty packaging alright..hehe, good that you love muesli; definitely good for your health :)

jason: true true, its more expensive compared to local breakfasts..guess alternate breakfast can save some cost and to more balance diet? hehe

07 April, 2009  
Blogger Aan Andes said...

Thanks for this review! I also don't like muesli because normal muesli is tad dry and tasteless. Definitely will try this one especially mango. And love love love the macademia. Very generous of it.

Thanks again!!

23 April, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

aan andes: hi there! glad u liked the review. do try the mango, am sure you'll like it as much as me too :)

26 April, 2009  
Blogger johnnie Lim said...

I can't seems to find the mueli bar.
I tried calling the number on the package but no one pick up the phone? do you know which supermarket in klang sells them?
the only time I see their represenative is at the fitness center,unfortunately I forgot to get their call cards. so if you could get me a contact number I would appreciate it as I really like the bars.(not so much the cereals type)

29 July, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

jltc: hmmm, that's weird..I could see it in almost every hypermart i've been. i've bought from giant, tesco, cold storage and jaya grocer (i just bought 2 weeks ago). check again? i dont have their call number either.

02 August, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home