Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hakka Rang Restaurant, Kota Damansara

First noticed this restaurant when we drove pass the main road, and saw the eye catching lime green signboard. Though I have limited chinese words vocab, I could understand that 3 words on the sign board..and I know it's a place for hakka dishes.
Just before I came to try the food, Hochiak did an episode on it....recommending some must try dishes..
And of course I tried the yam abacus seeds(RM10.80)..
Those fellas in Hochiak were raving about the Q-ness, Q-ness and more QQ (springy). Never never place your hopes up so high. It was an ok dish, it was not that Q. It was a decent suen pun ji, but I didnt like the scattering of peanuts on it. Sort of distorts the flavour.
The deep fried pork with ear wood fungus(RM12)..
A standard hakka dish. Hakka Rang did a pretty good version of it. The sauce was pretty thick as the fried dough from the pork had mixed into the sauce. Small portion though.
Some fried bitter gourd with salted egg(RM13)..
Medicore version. But hey, we need our veggies..

Their beancurd(RM12)..
Rather than the usual deep fried tau foo, this version was quite light. Gary found it too salty; I was ok with it. Sauce was sort of like a diluted version of sharks fin soup.
Overall was an ok meal, just not something I'll madly rave about.
Hakka Rang is located at 13-1, Jalan PJU 5/18, Dataran Sunway, 47810 Kota Damansara, PJ.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger choi yen said...

U mean the "abacus" not Q enough to win ur vote?

02 May, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

mimid3vils: it's was just ok, not fantastically springy. and i find it lacked of yam flavour..

03 May, 2009  
Blogger backStreetGluttons said...

the name sounds a bit mispronounced or issit mispelt so maybe the food is , too ? Never simply believe hochiak since it is a commercial station...we believe authentic sc more
LOL !

04 May, 2009  
Blogger minchow said...

My Hakka senses are tingling very loudly again! I think I need to revisit my roots very soon. Doesn't matter if it's just OK, it'll have to do! Thanks for the tip!

04 May, 2009  
Blogger Food Promotions said...

Haha, why are there peanuts(hard) in the QQ dish? Seems doesn't match, but good to try.

04 May, 2009  
Blogger sc said...

backstreetGluttons: more like mispronounced..hehe..yeah, hochiak dont really find ho chiak stuff sometimes eh?

55oml jar of faith: most welcome, hope this will assuage your cravings!

food promo: my thoughts exactly! i was wondering about that too

05 May, 2009  
Anonymous JoinMe said...

Hi SC,
Kindly be informed that this post has been reprinted on JoinMe.com.my, thanks. ^^
P/S: We have put your name and link credit back to this article.

10 August, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home