Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Restoran Hatinie, Shah Alam

Diha wanted to pop over for a swim
Lepas tu, kita makan kat Shah Alam ok?

Makan apa kat situ?
Masakan Kelantan......yang sedap.....

Ok, that make me finished my paddle in the water real fast, I was already hungry just listening to her... :D


We reached early, about 12:15 as it gets rather packed by 1 pm. I walked in and was welcomed by this... So many dishes to choose from and so little stomach space :(.
So I left the mammoth task of choosing dishes on Diha's shoulder, she did grow up in Kelantan, just take your favourite dishes!
So we had some Gulai Kawah The marbled beef chunks was cooked in coconut milk, ketumbar and kunyit. This was very delicious, the meat was tender and the sauce, rich and fragrant, goes well with rice.
Diha's favourite was Masak Daging Kerutup..She told me that this dish is rather hard to prepare as many tend to make this dish taste bitter. The hard part in preparing this dish frying the spices before it's made into powder..over fried it and it's a bitter dish. Hatinie's version is lip smacking, the beef cuts were chunkier and firmer; the sauce was thick and tasted rich in spices. Reminds me of daging masak buah keras, a nyonya dish.
Some kerabu for those fibre that we so needed... This version is light, the vegetables were fresh and I like the fact that the shredded coconut does not over power this dish.
The ayam percik was beckoning me..So I took a piece of it. The sauce was more on the sweet side, dense with coconut milk and spices. The chicken; though I took a piece of chicken breast; was juicy and tender and had a mild smokey flavour from the grill. Pretty good actually.
Before I could say Stop! Diha took the keli bakar..
She was craving for keli..what to do..I rarely take cold ikan bakar (grilled fish) as I like mine hot from the grill. I was pleasantly surprised that the keli was moist and had absorbed the marination wonderfully. Though a tad cold, we cleaned this fish in a jiffy :)
Diha had 2 plates of rice due to her killer sauce concoction with ulam...Budu, with tempoyak (durian with lime and cili padi), more chili padi and lime. I love budu in my nasi kerabu, but this is too pungent for me (really, it's a matter of preference..hehe). Nonetheless, it was a pleasure seeing Diha enjoying this so much.
We were so stuffed and Diha had to ask me about desserts...
Nah, shall give it a miss...
And I had to bite my tongue when I walked past all the kuih muih..
We had some lompat tikam..
Cute name huh?
It's DIY dessert..
So we get this...And we do this..
The green kuih is bland while the rice is slightly savoury..mix with the coconut cream and gula melaka, it's perfect. The combo is tasty, reminds me of seri muka (with sauce).
But my fave would be the pengat pisang..
Banana cooked in santan and gula melaka, this is ultra sweet, hence, do take it in moderation. It's divine taking warm mouthfuls of it, and i love the silky smooth nangka slices in the pengat (which is not so common in pengat pisang)...
Restoran Hatinie is located at Jalan Selendang 10/10, Shah Alam. Located in the middle of a housing area. Turn in from main road Jalan Batik 10/6. Serves Malay Kelantanese (homecook) food.

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow the food looks soooo gooooood. I will definitely pop over to this place as my hubby and I love Kelantanese food lots. Thank Diha for introducing this place pls. :-)

12 June, 2008  
Blogger HairyBerry said...

Hati nie sudah teruja dgn gambar Masak Daging Kerutup. nampak pun dah tau sedap!

but shah alam ar?? nvm, i'll ask the above kak serai...hehehe...

12 June, 2008  
Blogger Simon Seow said...

Kelantanese food slurp slurp. But not familiar with Shah Alam. Never mind, I'll tag along with Uncle Nic above.

12 June, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

lyrical lemongrass: taste as good as it looks :). and sure bald eagle would enjoy this..yeah, thanks diha!

nic: lagi seorang yang jatuh hati pada daging kerutup tu..hehe
i was rather lost by the time i reached, so kak serai is the best person to find the place..

simon: but dont be late ya! ;p

12 June, 2008  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

aiyoh can tag along ar..whoever intro me to ikan bakar is at fault..bcoz i absolutely dig ikan keli..love the fatty texture..

12 June, 2008  
Blogger POKEDOT CUPCAKES said...

hi!!!
was wondering if u could link me n promote my cupcakes?
do hav a look...thanx!!;)

http://pokedot-cupcakes.blogspot.com/

13 June, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

joe: ooh, another fan of keli! yummy fish eh? i lurve it too :)

pokedot-cupcakes: thanks for popping by.

15 June, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*drools....

16 June, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed this kinda store so much..!! where you can choose whatever you like .. :)

17 June, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

jason: you can follow nic to try it :p

mamabok: you can hardly see these overseas yeah? :(

18 June, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hartinie has one of the best kelantanese food outside kelantan :)
every ramadhan they actually have loads and loads of buka puasa delicacies and kuihs. come early because people start flocking there as early as 3.30pm

yummY! :)

08 September, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home