Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sit A Spell Cafe, Kota Damansara

I looked at the pictures.
I closed my photos file.
Have been doing that for a few months, but I guess I should stop avoiding.
My one and only time to Sit A Spell Cafe and I'm in no hurry to return to this place.
The place was quiet. It was cold.
Dragon girl asked me Are you sure?
Why not? Let's try la..We'll try this sooner or later...
The waiters were staring at us like a pack of hungry wolves..maybe first prey for the evening..Take a deep breath and we were seated. Menu was not extensive, ordering was prompt.
Honey Peach Smoothies for Dragongirl.. Tasted more like cordial with finely crushed ice. Nothing smoothies about it.
I had the Ice Blended Chocolate. Too diluted and lack of chocolate flavour. Very average drink.
Had the Cappucinno Mushroom soup.. Light but still quite flavourful..
Chicken Roulade with mash and mushroom ragout was served next..Dragongirl took a bite of the chicken.
So??? I asked, waiting for her reaction..
Tastes like very, very dead chicken came her reply..
I took a bite. I understood what she meant. Maybe they kept this dish frozen for too long? It had the frozen food (albiet a very strong one) taste that even smothered with the mushroom ragout; could not be covered. Very bad.
Lasagne came next.. This one fared better; sauce was creamy and smooth; the lasagne sheets were soft and melts in mouth. We had to have a mouthful of this everytime we took a bite of the chicken..
Still adamant, we decided to order the Green Tea Tiramisu..I think it was not fresh.
The texture was rather, erm, weird. Not so much of green tea (dust); but more of green tea essence (flavouring). The cheese felt too airy, after a few bites, I had this strange feeling of eating green tea marshmallows. Oh well.
Total bill RM53. Will I return? Slim chance.
After dinner Dragon girl and I went for round 2 as we were just not satisfied.
Sit A Spell Cafe is located at 19-1, Jalan PJU 5/11, Kota Damansara.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! Sounds awful. Been seeing some pretty good reviews about this place too. I guess that means that the food's inconsistent. I can imagine the smell of the dead chicken dish. hehehe.

22 February, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

lyrical lemongrass: yes, definitely inconsistent. yelch, dont remind me of the chooks :(

23 February, 2008  
Blogger teckiee said...

eekkk ate there when it was quite new..some of the dished werent nice, but the chicken roulade was one of the better dish.. sad to hear the standards have dropped.

24 February, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

teckiee: I ate there last year, not sure if it's still new then..but seriously, the chicken roulade was bad :(

24 February, 2008  
Blogger Big Boys Oven said...

I was told that they had a change of head chef recently! Sorry to hear that!

24 February, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

bigboysoven: no wonder the standard is less than desirable..

25 February, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry to say..but it's such a horrible place i've ever been....service is bad, food so so, most important late serving.....oh man.......i'm sorry, this place just dun work it out.......

27 November, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

should name it "SIT N WAIT" cos it took rather long time for just a drink ! comment on food....i rather mamak

27 November, 2008  
Blogger sc said...

BB and Angie, guess they never improved eh? since my only visit there, i've never returned. i'm surprised they're still around though..

27 November, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home