Monday, October 01, 2007

Funny Mountain Soya Bean, Ipoh

SF's friend Chung came visiting from Melbourne and she decided to bring him to Ipoh as he had tried fares in KL and Johor during his previous visits. So it was only natural to progress to Ipoh..hehe

I shall tackle on the heavy stuff another day; today, I shall be lazy and write about something simple, but I've enjoyed tremendously everytime I'm at Ipoh (that few rare times..)

Just across from the famous Foh San is the unassuming yet as famous Funny Mountain Soya Bean.
What I like about Funny Mountian? No, not it's funny name, but it's silky smooth taufoofah (soya bean curd) which you can choose to have it with soya bean..or with sugar syrup The taufoofah, served warm, glides down the throat with every spoonful, filling our tummies with a delicious feeling of warmth. Each mouthful of taufoofah had the lovely aroma of soy, which goes very well with the gingery sugar syrup.
The soya bean milk also tasted wonderful, thick with the creamy taste of soy, unlike many shops which sells extremely diluted soy bean milk. You can also opt for cincau with soy bean drink.
Aaahhh, wished I have a hot bowl of Funny Mountain taufoofah right now..sigh..

Labels: , , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Precious Pea said...

Oooo..i want a bowl now too...to sooth my sore throat.

02 October, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

justt had 2 bowls of funny mountain taufufah this morning, dun envy ya :p

02 October, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

precious pea: oh no! u are down with sore throat? drinks loads of water ya?

kbcg: aaarrrggghhhhh!!!! *green with envy*

02 October, 2007  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

The shop do look quite rundown. Or maybe I should say, it oozes old charm?

02 October, 2007  
Blogger wmw said...

What an interesting name...I love humour!

03 October, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

tummythots: old town old charm lor..hehe

wmw: hence it's also unforgettable :)

03 October, 2007  
Blogger Tunku Halim said...

That taufoofah just looks gorgeous. I must visit Ipoh sometime soon! :)

04 October, 2007  
Blogger boo_licious said...

awww, I love this place. Such smmoth tau fu fa. Nowadays cannot go all the way to Ipoh so I settle for the one in Soya Shop.

04 October, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

tunku halim: yes you should! :)

boo: yeah, a tad far for a bowl of taufoofah...sigh..where's soya shop boo?

04 October, 2007  
Blogger Big Boys Oven said...

I love this dessert, soyabean drink. I also found out there is another soyabean shop in taman tun dr ismail is as good as this one in ipoh.

05 October, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

BBO: really? in TTDI? whereabouts?

06 October, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, maybe next time do Penang pulak :p

08 October, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

jason: soon i guess.. though i went in may this year ;)

08 October, 2007  
Blogger Christina Kim said...

OOOO....I also loved this beancurd; the smoothest I found so far!! Only one comparable; which I found in Singapore.
The first time I tasted it; left a lingering feeling in my mind...but the last trip I went, this taufoofah wasn't as smooth...wonder whether they have seasons too...or just not my day:p

09 October, 2007  
Blogger New Kid on the Blog said...

Aha... the famous one!

16 October, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

nkotb: yes..famous and yummy! :)

16 October, 2007  
Blogger Kuan Cheen said...

hey you ended there too heheh well done!!!
din call me also :P

30 September, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home