Sunday, October 14, 2007

Cao Cao Lamb and wanton noodles, Jalan Kuchai Lama

Sometimes, eating certain food would bring back wonderful memories of the past..Have you had that experience before?
My brother has been wanting me to have this wanton noodles at Jalan Kuchai Lama for ages, saying that there's something about the wanton mee...
We did finally managed to make or way there, took our seats (be careful, the hawkers are rather territorial there) and ordered the wanton mee...
The noodles was served with some very ordinary char siew which was not worth mentioning. I took a bite of the wanton noodles and my brother waited for my response..
It's definitely not the noodles; the noodles was ordinary, but the sauce..the smoky, soy sesame induced sauce that warps me back to my childhood days..Days when I was a kid..my parents bringing us to have supper at our fave wanton noodles after a visit at grandma's. Tastes like That wanton noodles eh? my bro said, eyes glinting...
I was glad he brought me. The meat wantan was delicious, mince pork was well marinated and the wanton skin was smooth..yums We had side orders of sui kows, which was equally tasty too..
Other than the wanton noodles, the grilled lamb was purported famous too; how could we not order?
I must say, the grilled lamb was tasty; slightly crispy on the outside, while the meat retained it's sweet juices..Lovely..We also ordered taufoo bakar (grilled taufoo) which turned out rather dry. Guess the QC was not that good; my brother said it tasted better the last he tried..
The grilled lamb stall is called Cao Cao; I didnt see any name at the wanton noodles stall. These stalls are located at Jalan Kuchai Lama, off Jalan Kelang Lama. The same road you take to Restoran Talipon. The hawker stalls are facing Wisma FGA.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Lyrical Lemongrass said...

the grilled lamb looks yummy! I know what you mean about old favourites. I feel the same way about some of the wantan mee in klang (where I grew up) too, even tho there's nothing special abt the char siew.

15 October, 2007  
Blogger wmw said...

I want the grilled lamb...I'm so there!

15 October, 2007  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

i remember blogging about this eons ago..yes the grilled lamb was marvellous!..

16 October, 2007  
Blogger ~Christine~Leng said...

grilled lambs? Oooo.. must try!

16 October, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

lyrical lemongrass: looks as good as it tastes :). some food are just pure nostalgic eh?

wmw: i have a feeling you'll enjoy this ;)

joe: juicy, tender stuff..those grilled lamb..hehe

jackson: haha..you had me in stiches with that nursery rhyme ;)..it's all good dude..

christine: yes, if you are around there..yums betul!

16 October, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made me craving for good wan tan mee >.<

17 October, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

jason: haha..but this wantan mee was not good good wor..just purely nostalgic for me :). wantan was tasty though..

17 October, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home