Sunday, September 30, 2007

Max! Kitchen and Wines, KL

I was going through my pictures folder and i realised..gosh, I've not written on Max! yet?
But since so many of my flogger friends have written about it, should I write about Max? Then I thought of my friends who patiently waited for me to take these pictures that night..alright, I'd better post this..;)
We were served with some warm bread, olive oil and vinegar while waiting for our food.. We had the chargrilled portobello mushroom salad which was absolutely scrumptious. The mushroom was served warm, on a bed of salad tossed in vinagrette which makes this a very appetisng dish. The earthy flavour of the mushroom is further accentuated by the dressing; it didn't take us very long to finish this :)
We also had the sea scallops with balsamic reduction The scallops were very fresh and sweet. The balsamic and the sliced meat complements the scallops beautifully; wished i could have more..
SF and I had the ever famous braised wagyu beef cheeks.... Generous amount of wagyu beef cheeks was served on a bed of creamy mash, while topped it fresh mushrooms. The sauce was rich and thick, with strong red wine flavours; goes well with the mash. The wagyu beef cheeks had the melt-in-mouth texture; and was also gelatinuous. Though this is a delectable dish, it does get too rich for some as the portion is quite big.
Rick had the Lemon butter poached cod fillet..I didnt get to try, but Rick did say that it's tasty..
Sonya had the grilled lamb; which initially I wanted to order too :) Beautifully presented, it tastes as good as it looks. The lamb was grilled to perfection; pink and juicy in the centre, nicely browned and charred on the exterior. If my stomach had more room, I would have ordered this as my second main..hehe
S had the salmon which she finished without much conversation with us.guess it was good?
I could not, for the life of me, remember the name of the dessert we had. All I can say that it's a nice end for our meal.
As the wine are reasonably priced, we had some..as the nice grew longer; well we got tipsier? Being the last customers to leave his restaurant, Max chatted with us, while his brother NL chipped in too. They were very nice to share their stash (some new durian range) with us, which sonya enjoyed tremendously. Overall, a wonderful meal with lotsa laughs; we definitely will return to Max! in the future..
Max! Kitchen & Wines is located at 27, Tengkat Tong Shin, 50200 KL. Tel: 03-2141 8115

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

i dont think we have yet to see an unhappy customer of Max!..hahah if anything its just a hole in your wallet..

03 October, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

yes yes..agreed on both counts! hehe

04 October, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home