Thursday, July 12, 2007

Nasi Tomato Kak Taim, Lorong Melaka

This nasi tomato stall has been there for years, so famous, I'm not sure if I should write about it..
But for the benefit of those who never knew the existence of this little gem, I shall trudge on..hehe
Nasi tomato Kak Taim has made a name for itself for at least a decade; famed for it's delicious rice and lip smacking dishes.
During lunch hours, this stall is packed with patrons, coming from different parts of Klang Valley to take away packs of this tasty morsel. Heck, some big honchos even sent their driver over to pack Kak Taim's nasi tomato. Yes, you read right, Kak Taim is no sit-down-and-eat restaurant, but a take away stall..
My fave from Kak Taim's is obviously the rice; creamy, buttery rice delicately embraced with spices. The rice grains were fluffy and had a wonderful texture.. I'll usually have my nasi tomato with ayam masak merah; beautiful succulent chicken cook for hours in the tasty kuah (sauce). The result? The chicken meat is very well marinated and the meat practically falls off the bones. Have it with a side of acar and more kuah..ooohhh, this is so lovely!
I was told that the other dishes are good too, but I just cant help myself..I need to order the ayam masak merah! hehe..
My rice pack costs me RM4.50, which I will willingly pay for such a delight :)
Nasi Tomato Kak Taim is located at Lorong Melaka. The lorong is next to Wisma Lee Rubber (opposite Masjid Jamek LRT station).

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh... I shall check it out the next time I transit at Masjid Jamek then! :P~~~

13 July, 2007  
Blogger ashlight said...

Browsing through a few flogs and stumbled into yours. I didn't know about this famous nasi tomato at all! Glad you wrote about it. Will checkit out.. wonder if it's open during the weekends

13 July, 2007  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

haha i dunno where dis is..nvr tried it sommore..haha how m i goin to go?

13 July, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

jason: yes u should! am sure you'll like it :). only for lunch though.. (and before 1:30pm)

ashlight: welcome! i was told that it's not open on weekends, only for weekdays, lunch...

joe: take train to masjid jamek. cross to the old-now-in-renovation wisma lee rubber, check out the lorong on the left..you'll see kak taim ;)

13 July, 2007  
Blogger boo_licious said...

Looks good and I'm always on the look out for yummy nasi tomato. Not easy to get good ones nowadays. Thanks, will go check this out.

15 July, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

no worries boo, hope you'll enjoy it as much as i do :)

16 July, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before 1.30pm? I guess I gotta leave early then!

17 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home