Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Beguiling Bali

In my previous post, many of you guessed correctly, I did have a short holiday in Bali recently..
I shall posts about some of the food that I have soon, but for now, I'll share some pictures I took while in Bali...

Candi Kuning and Lake Batur.. Very scenic place; cooling weather. this place is definitely one of my faves in Bali..Lovely postcard-ish pictures too :)

Pura Taman Ayun was also pretty huge and beautiful too...
We're not allowed to the inner sanctuary, hence, only took photos from outside... The merus (pagoda lookalike) that we noticed, was built according to ascending height..
Frangipanni trees with merus as backdrop
Pura Taman Ayun is surrounded by moat....

The very famous Tanah Lot..
At the entrance leading to Pura Tanah Lot...
Pura Tanah lot during hightide.You can walk over to the temple during lowtide (when the sea recedes)
The breathtaking cliff facing the right side of Pura Tanah Lot
We could see humongous waves hitting the cliffs on the left of the temple..
And of course, the obligatory shot of Tanah Lot during sunset..hehe

To be continued.......

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wOw!
Its so beautiful!
Very very nice taken photos, too!
I always wanted to go 2 Bali...
But XLB is having reservations since the Bali bombings...

In btw, was it a tour package or a backpacking trip? How much did it cost ya?

17 July, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

csb, just stay away from overly crowded places full of tourists, should be ok. i went on my own, not wth tour..cost me about RM1k all in (flight, hotel, food, souveniers, transport and entrance fee for temples and dance)..email me if you guys need detailed info ok?

17 July, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, my turn to comment...
Bali is sooo @_@!!!Really nice scenary :) Will definitely ask u for travelling tips. Planned to go next year...must make it!
*Ahem* at csb, dun kutuk me at my back ah.

17 July, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haiyah ... this CSB and XLB, husband and wife ... go get a room la. haha. Anyway, I do admit Bali is gorgeous. I might be planning to a trip to Bali this year too....

17 July, 2007  
Blogger wmw said...

Ah, Bali looks good in your pics. Went there back in 2001, didn't look this good :o)

18 July, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

xlb: yes, the scenery there is absolutely breathtaking. sure, sure, i'll try my best to provide as must info as i can :). hey, hey no couple couple bantering here ar! ;p

timothy: really? when are u planning to go? i was told that now it's rainy season, but i was pretty lucky; it was sunny when i was there..

wmw: thanks thanks :)

18 July, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some how, I don't have the urge wanna visit Bali leh. But I like the statues and ruin-alike buildings there.

18 July, 2007  
Blogger "Joe" who is constantly craving said...

sigh..i can already imagine me lying in a big arm chair in the beach sun tanning and sipping on ice cold beer..wahhh

18 July, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

jason: hehe..same here..took me quite a while to finally visit bali

joe: you're so fair, doubt you'll ever get tan even during hols ;p

18 July, 2007  
Blogger Kenny Mah said...

Bali... Was just thinking that I need a vacation myself. Just to chill out, not much sightseeing. Any idea when's the best time to go though, i.e. less tourists? I'm thinking of end of this year or early next year (my schedule too busy for anything earlier than this, sobs).

Your post (and the pics, especially) just makes me wanna go even more la...

Bali come to me... LOL

19 July, 2007  
Blogger MeiyeN said...

awww... very nice pics! but how come our tour guide didn't bring is to candi kuning? :(

charsiewbow, last year when i was there, we stayed at kuta beach... i tell ya, no worries.... bali is safer than msia, that's for sure! :D

19 July, 2007  
Blogger Babe_KL said...

i missed Bali :(

I've come out with this year's Merdeka Open House topic, pls check Merdeka Open House 2007. Hope you can join the fun.

19 July, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

kenny: less tourists? erm, guess avoid months when it's winter hols for northern and southern hemisphere.. time for a break?

meiyen: thanks! :). i asked for a visit to candi kuning, hence he brought us..

babe: your MOH looks quite susah wor.. i usually cook chinese dishes, now have to cook my fave frm another ethnic group.. *scratches head*

20 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home