Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Of bulbous eye and woozy head

Was not that well over the weekend.. in fact, I was on MC yesterday :-(
My eye had an allergy reaction to some facial wipes I was using and the next day, I could not open my left eye properly and it was tearing uncontrollably.
I had a look at myself and my goodness! I sure gave myself a shocker!
My left eye was swollen, the white of my eye was yellow, jellied looking, swelling out from my sockets, whilst my iris, which was spared from the swelling, looked as though it had sunken into my socket..The combination? Freaking scary s**t! I've seen some eye infection pictures before but I must say, mine seems to be the scariest of the lot! eeewwwww
I was soon grasped with fear of losing my eye sight (yeah, when i panic i tend to think incoherently) and rushed to see a doctor. Most unfortunately, it was a Sunday, most of the clinics were not open. Finally, I found one clinic which was open and since it was still early in the morning, I was the only patient. The doctor took a look and proclaimed that my eye had an allergy reaction. It was quite a bad allergy actually, but doc was certain that it will be good by end of the day.
So was back home soon after, had brunch and took my medication. I didn't know that my med causes drowsiness too. Hence, with my left eye swollen, half of my face numb and puffy, and now with a woozy head..I drifted to sleep hoping that I'll be out of this nightmare soon..

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Tummythoz said...

Tragic! Better edi? U just described d look. Hope u r not in pain. So need to pantang all seafood, eggs, chicken & etc etc? Good to sleep more & rest ur eyes.

13 March, 2007  
Blogger Xiu Long Bao said...

wat is the brand of the facial wipe? i hope its not the one im using. Get more rest n try not to rub ur infected eye!

13 March, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

tummythoz: am better dy, thanks. there was no pain, just felt numb around my eye area. doc didnt tell me to watch wat i eat, so am still eating like norm ;)

xiulongbao: was using j&j (d blue coloured packs). in the first place i shud not be wiping near my eye area, so partially was my fault. am ok dy, just a lil bit red, thats all. swelling all subsided dy.

14 March, 2007  
Blogger Last-of-the-Dragon said...

post some pics up on your eye...hehehe

14 March, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

dragon girl, most unfortunately i didnt take any pictures of my freaky eye.. then again, will be too gruesome for you guys to see :p

14 March, 2007  
Blogger Rasa Malaysia said...

Wow, you better take care, eyes got problem can still blog ar? Type with one eye...I salute your spirit. ;P

14 March, 2007  
Blogger boo_licious said...

Take care! Those anti histamines always make people drowsy. Maybe you shld ask yr brother to pack back some yummy char siu for you to try as that will help you get better soon!

14 March, 2007  
Blogger Kenny Mah said...

Hey there sc!

Thanks for dropping by my page. And now I'm here at yours! Another Malaysian makan blog --- wonderful, cos I love to eat, eat, eat! :D

Sorry to read about your recent eye problems, but I'm glad it's better. Rest well, then get up to snap more pix for glorious food, eh? ;)

Cheers,
Kenny.

P.S. I've linked to you on my Bookmarks page so I can cari makan easily next time, heh heh.

14 March, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

RM: got allergy reaction, but eyesight not affected ma ;p hehehe also, quite sien, so blog a lil lor..

boo: thanks! wah, lying on me bed with a plate of warm char siews...a glutton's dream!:D

kenny: welcome, welcome! your Storyteller post brought back sweet memories for me, glad i came across your blog. thanks for linking, hope that you'll try some of the yummy food i've tried ;p.

14 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home