Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Steven's Western corner, Damansara Utama

No, no this is not Steven's corner..
This Steven is located at Damansara Utama (aka Uptown) and has been here for ages. It is very popular as it serves cheap, huge portion western food. Bollywood Queen and I were around that area, since we have not had Steven's for couple of years, we decided to pop over. We were rather early, so seats were still abundant. Both of us ordered chicken chop (RM7) which was served quickly. The chicken was a big serving, drenched with brown sauce, with sides of chips, coleslaw and fried egg. Chicken was crispy, batter was ok, not too thick. Most unfortunately, I found the brown sauce so sickly sweet that it spoils the whole chop :(. I mean, it looked like brown sauce, but dont taste like it though. Just pure sweet, sugary sauce. Kinda like an huge overdose of MSG..Chips was fine, thick and crunchy, coleslaw was norm and the fried egg was unexpected. I think I'd enjoy this better if it was served without the sauce (ala maryland style).
Other than chicken chop, I noticed the other popular dish was black pepper lamb chop.
What Julianne thinks?
Cheap but average
Steven's is located at Damansara Uptown open air food court square. Take the first flight of stairs (at the beginning of the food court), it's the first lot of the food court.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Xiu Long Bao said...

haha u changed ur blog template! This is gud, nice and clear.

13 February, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

yup xiu long bao, some of the bloggers had difficulties reading wth my previous template, decided to change it. hope it solves the problem! glad u find this better :)

13 February, 2007  
Blogger boo_licious said...

I kinda prefer this place in ss3 called Hup Soon, they don't add batter to the chicken chop but fry it till crispy so less fattening and the mushroom sauce is good. Packed at nite.

14 February, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

Really boo? How do I get there? any directions/landmarks? I recalled going to SS3 for cheap chicken chop years back, not sure if it's called Hup soon though. Steven's was just average, nothing to shout about....

14 February, 2007  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

Hi! Found you as I was looking for recommendations to order at Sek Yuen. Wow, most places here are unfamiliar to me. Very good indeed. Can I link you to return again & again & again & ...

14 February, 2007  
Blogger Rasa Malaysia said...

Much better, now I don't have to squeeze my eyes to read your posts. :)

14 February, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

tummythoz- u r most welcome to link me blog :)..thanks for popping by. guess you'll be going to Sek Yuen for CNY? i kinda prefer the pat poh ngap there rather than the pei pa ngap (thot the pei pa ngap in Senai, johor was much better..)

RM- really? means that my previous template was the 'culprit'..glad u hav no probs now :)

14 February, 2007  
Blogger tankiasu said...

Yea I agree with boo. The Hup Soon in SS3 serves great Western food at very affordable prices. The sauces they made are simply fab. Anyway, the GPS coordinates for Hup Soon are 3° 5'43.30"N 101°36'39.66"E. Use Google Earth to locate it. ;)

15 February, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

thanks for the location tankiasu! hope i can find it :p. happy CNY!

15 February, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home