Thursday, February 15, 2007

Friendster Coffee & Restaurant, Damansara Perdana

Dragon girl wanted to buy me a very belated BD(for my bd last year..haha) dinner late last month..
She wanted to bring me to a restaurant named Gusto at Damansara Perdana, but most unfortunately, we realised that it either moved or was in renovation. Anyways, the place was not opened :(
Cracking our heads on what to have, we drove over to Perdana The Place (aka Perdana Business Center) to look for an alternative place for dinner..With Friendster's hard to miss sign board, we decided to pop over (since dragon tried it before and said the food was fine..)
Although I've pass by this place a number of times, I've never thought of trying it as the facade of the restaurant looked kinda cafe-ish that dont serve any proper dinner. And also the no-so-creative name for a restaurant kinda put me off.
Prejudices aside, we went in and I was taken aback with the interior. Friendster's concept was kinda nice..cafeish and laidback at the entrance for smokers(or those who likes alfresco), inside was split to 2 areas, one was cozy, with sofas and all, the other was intimate, dim lights and candle lights(kinda fine-dining sorta thing going on 'ere).
We quickly settled down, took the menu(quite extensive) as we were freaking hungry. Ordering was quick, we ordered nasi goreng kerabu and lamb shank.
We were served bread (theirs was fusion 'mantau' style) and butter. After we were done with the bread, we were served with shooters ( kiwi ice with orange peel and strawberry puree). I wonder if its run by the same owner as Citron coz Friendster's bread and shooters were suspiciously similar to Citron's..
Food was rather prompt, we had the nasi goreng kerabu (RM12.90) first. The rice was nicely fried, got the "wok hei" uummphh in it, and lots of kerabu (raw veg). Came with sides of chicken, salted egg, fried egg, stuffed chilli and keropok ikan (fish crackers), everything goes really well together. The chicken was tender, had thick sauce infused with spices, which certainly goes well with the rice. And I have a soft spot for keropok ikan. Friendster's keropok was fresh, crunchy and had strong 'fishy' taste, which I like :). The lamb shank(RM29.90) was serve soon after and by golly, that's a large chunk of meat! The lamb was tender, practically melts off the bone, was pretty good. The sauce, tomato based, was heavily doused with spices which some of you may not enjoy though. They kinda mixed crushed bunga cengkih (cloves) and bunga lawang (star anise) into the sauce.. I liked the flavour of these spices, but I really hate biting into it (which I did!)..*phleh*..Other than that, I thought this was a pretty decent lamb shank, loved the sweated capsicums which was sweet and yummy. I didnt enjoy my drink though, called Monte Carlo something.. not worth my RM10 for. Don't order that.
What Julianne thinks?
Relaxed, friendly and nice.
Friendster Coffee and Restaurant is located at LG01-1A, Emerald Plaza, Jalan PJU 8/3A, Damansara Perdana. Tel: 03-77100035. Use the same road towards Curve/Ikea. Instead of turning left, drive straight (pass the Penchala Link). You'll see a fork, take left fork. Turn left at just before the tunnel. Drive straight, its at the ground floor of the condo on your left.
Note: My colleague swore not to go there again as he said the service was very bad and he waited for 1 hour for his food. On the other hand, I had excellent service, food was serve very promptly. Guess they need to fine tune on that area.. be warned!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Xiu Long Bao said...

i always wanted to ask u...who is julianne?

15 February, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

haha xiu long bao.. i used julianne for quite some time dy.. she's a character frm d movie My Best Friend's Wedding (one of my fave movies)..i like d way she summarises her food. concise.to the point. so i always like to wrap up my food experience with a few words, just like her :)

16 February, 2007  
Blogger boo_licious said...

I saw this that day, was around the area looking for Cocomo which was not open on Sunday.

16 February, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

i've seen Cocomo in bangsar before..it moved to D.Perdana? Does it serves yummy food? have not been there before :)

16 February, 2007  
Blogger Tummythoz said...

I saw this place too but did not visit as one of my companions mentioned it was more for the teens & we will stick out like sore big-toes!

16 February, 2007  
Blogger sc said...

haha, that's what i thot too tummythoz! :) that's why i didnt wanna go.. but if u go during proper dinner time, it's ok.. the teenagers only flood in after 9:30 pm (well, that's what happened when i went that day)

16 February, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hai there.is this place halal?
Thanks.

30 September, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home