Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Marmalade Kafe, Mont Kiara

SF has been talking about Marmalade since she tried it some time ago, but we did not get to pop over there till recently.
Marmalade Kafe is a warm lil cafe, a family friendly place. In fact, I thot I stepped into a nursery when I went in as Marmalade was decorated with lots of toys, colourful walls, tables and chairs. It even had a children 'play' corner so that the parents could enjoy their meal while keeping an eye on their tots.
It was a nice breezy afternoon and I was famish.. I wanted to makan banyak banyak, hence we ordered the havana salad, beef stew, and mushroom, pesto, pine nuts and cheese sandwich..
Food was served promptly, and we got the havana salad (I hope I recalled the name correctly) first. This is a gorgeuos looking salad, with all the bright colours tempting you to eat it immediately. And yes, I was chomping down the salad the moment I put my camera down. The burst of flavours was wonderful, the havana salad is done beautifully that you do taste the ingredients and it does complement each other. Havana is a toss of chopped capsicums, grilled chicken breast, pineapple, corn, beans, pine nuts and grilled halumi cheese. A bit of alfafa on top and wahlah, you get a great tasting salad. One of the better ones I have tasted.
The beef stew was served next. Piping hot, the stew came with 2 thick grain toast, which tasted great with the stew. The stew was a large portion, with loads of chunky beef, carrots, potatoes and champignons. Warms up my hungry stomach almost immediately :p. Marmalade's stew is the homely type, nothing fancy. I do find the stew a tad salty after a while, some of the beef a lil chewy, but overall, the dish was fine.
SF's sandwich came last. It was a simple looking sandwich, pesto for base, mushroom and pine nuts in the centre, melted cheese on top. Again, it looks homely, like something you can whip out from your kitchen.. Taste was ok, but I think I prefer the sandwiches served at Delicious cafe.
What Julianne thinks?
Happy, cozy and simple
Marmalade Kafe is located at LG-1A, Shoplex at Mont Kiara, Jalan Kiara, Mont Kiara. Tel: 6201 1743. Its right opposite Plaza Mont Kiara.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Babe_KL said...

next time leave some room for their cakes. carrot cake, oreo cheesecake, all yumyum one

15 November, 2006  
Blogger sc said...

ya, babe_kl, i saw the huge carrot cake at the counter.. looks sooo good.. SF tried it before, she said its good.. :). will try that next time..

15 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home